Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair/Parts wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TOCA may be another channel to voice concerns about this and other issues (never thought to do this when I was waiting last year). From their website:
  • TOCA has direct lines of communication to and from Tesla, locally & globally
  • TOCA provides representation and escalation to Tesla on behalf of it’s members
This is a great idea and will be my next step if I hit the 6 month waiting mark, will update on how it goes!

Reactions: HarryYip
I'm not looking forward to see how long it takes to replace my front bumper. Someone was nice enough to reverse into it at a Woolies car park last month 🤬. A couple repairers here in Canberra said that it could be a while, or just not wanting to take the job at all due to having other Tesla's in the shop needing parts for 6 months.
Well I'm actually surprised with my turn around time on parts. Got a call from the body shop today, car booked in for the end of the month as they have secured a new front bumper. Sending good tesla magic vibes for swift acquisition of replacements for everyone else.

Reactions: schnaxxl
Well I'm actually surprised with my turn around time on parts. Got a call from the body shop today, car booked in for the end of the month as they have secured a new front bumper. Sending good tesla magic vibes for swift acquisition of replacements for everyone else.
I’m hoping this is a good omen for the rest of us!! Coming up on 6 months now, looks like Tesla has given up on providing any update on parts to me.. no responses at all despite my emailing them 2x in the last month to follow up (undelivered parts list for ref.)

Attachments

• F453AD3A-E5A0-4483-946C-1F10364E3896.jpeg
    F453AD3A-E5A0-4483-946C-1F10364E3896.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 131
I'm not looking forward to see how long it takes to replace my front bumper. Someone was nice enough to reverse into it at a Woolies car park last month 🤬. A couple repairers here in Canberra said that it could be a while, or just not wanting to take the job at all due to having other Tesla's in the shop needing parts for 6 months.
I've been waiting for a front bumper since mid November, so just over 4 months. The repairer managed to get a reply from Tesla yesterday saying that there was stock in a container arriving in Sydney yesterday, so if that was an honest response I might get my car fixed in a week or two. Trouble is, they've given a similar response early and January but I'm still waiting.

I’m hoping this is a good omen for the rest of us!! Coming up on 6 months now, looks like Tesla has given up on providing any update on parts to me.. no responses at all despite my emailing them 2x in the last month to follow up (undelivered parts list for ref.)
I'd been getting regular email updates from Tesla that look like that too. The last one I got was 16 Feb. Still don't have the parts though, so I'm still driving a slightly smashed up Model 3 with no left lights/blinkers. 4 months now.

I've been waiting for a front bumper since mid November, so just over 4 months. The repairer managed to get a reply from Tesla yesterday saying that there was stock in a container arriving in Sydney yesterday, so if that was an honest response I might get my car fixed in a week or two. Trouble is, they've given a similar response early and January but I'm still waiting.
Wonder if it's in the same container as my stuff. Nobody jinx it please.

• Funny
Tesla messaged me this morning that they still have no date for arrival of windscreens...

And just my luck the roof glass cracked on the weekend. Add that to the service appointment / parts wait list. :-(
Sorry to hear that mate. I've heard of the roof cracking with over-tightened roof racks fitted - in one case by a dealership! Was there any impact or idea what caused it to crack? I hope it's not leaking.

Not leaking, but interesting about the roof-racks - I have one, though the crack isn't near it. I understand that if the glass is stressed in some way a smaller impact might be required to start a crack. I also see that the middle glass is vertically-flush with the rear glass towards the edges but the middle is higher by a few millimeters. It's quite noticable. Hopefully replacement fixes that too.