Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair/Parts wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think @Loxmyf meant to come across as rude to the poster...more he's upset/making a joke that the Y is taking so long to be released to the Australian market...

I took it as a Joke/Reflection on the Model Y Wait Times...
Maybe Jdizzl11 should be apologising for not releasing that not everyone in the World has sweet delicious Model Y's available to order.
Especially those succulent Texan Bred 4680 Dual Motor models... Hmmmm,...

Our Model X's 12-volt battery died today...zero warning and now bricked...Tesla are saying a minimum of 4 weeks for a new 12-volt battery!! They are indicating it could be 2+ months.

A quick search finds alternative brands, that are actually better than Tesla's 12-volt batteries, that can be order and delivered in 7 days (from the USA to Australia).

12V Lithium Battery for TESLA Model X

A $200k car being bricked for 1+ months for a simple 12-volt battery is darn unacceptable....when one can order in a battery independently of Tesla in less than a week it becomes criminal that Tesla is going to make me wait 1-2 months.

Does any one here have experience of what to do in a situation like this?
I would be ordering the third party battery. Seven days is acceptable, but not up to two months.

I would be ordering the third party battery. Seven days is acceptable, but not up to two months.

Finding a 3rd party battery that fits in the space allocated (it's non-standard size, at least in the Model X) is impossible.

Only one I have found would need to be sent from the USA (7 days), trouble is it is not supported by Tesla and may have issues....you can read about it here:

5 months on and all my parts have arrived too. Unfortunately now the repairer is too busy and can't start on my car until mid-May, so by the time I have it back it will have been 7 months all up. Thankfully the car is still driveable (though technically not roadworthy).
My car will be ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon. Yippee!! The parts were very slow to arrive, but the repairer has exceeded expectations.

Hi Daniel, I just contacted their customer service line and more or less begged for them to look into it. They will tell you at first that they can’t but all I can suggest is pressing until they say they will. Even then though, it’s clear that there is still a significant disconnect between customer service and manufacturing. Good luck
getting a bit bored waiting, and it's only been seven weeks
body shop has no info, so today I tried to find the contact details for customer service - nothing that looks like a link
I then decided to email a contact involved with leasing, who is the only person who has ever emailed me from Tesla
then I contacted admin at the leasing company to ask whether they could help - I guess I'll find out eventually

edit/update: literally while I was typing this post, Tesla sent a reply
I have reached out to my colleagues in Parts regarding the matter and have been advised the 2 parts your vehicle is waiting on is [sic] due to arrive at port today, 1st June.

However please bear in mind, there is a number of stages (transportation to Tesla, unpacking, shipment) before the parts will arrive to MPSR in Marrickville.

We do sincerely apologise about the delay, hopefully it’s not too far off now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tension
Sent lots of emails, call Tesla customer services , Tesla services department etc none of them can give me status on the parts order. Talked to body repairer and they are so frustrated too as Tesla keep telling customers contact repairer for parts status which they are on the same boat as us. Their means of contact is via email to Tesla, no factory phone number. Repair have to pay for the spares when order parts and currently they had 20 Tesla undriveable sitting at their warehouse, the guy said they haven't received any bulky parts in the past months ( panels, bumpers, glasses etc) and are losing money. Tesla can sell cars but repair it is hopeless.
finally bodyshop received parts, all top 3 glasses , bonnet received and move to repair now
my timeline for the repair.
Storm damaged mid Dec 2021 after having the car for 2 months.
In repair shop Dec, insurance approved 3rd week Jan 2022
small parts received from US received in Feb then no further updates.
Emails, calls to Tesla no reply and Sydney customer services no knowledge of parts status
Bodyshop advised parts received on 2 Jun 2022, approx 4 months parts wait time, not too bad considering China stop work in April.
Queue up for repair now.

getting a bit bored waiting, and it's only been seven weeks
body shop has no info, so today I tried to find the contact details for customer service - nothing that looks like a link
I then decided to email a contact involved with leasing, who is the only person who has ever emailed me from Tesla
then I contacted admin at the leasing company to ask whether they could help - I guess I'll find out eventually

edit/update: literally while I was typing this post, Tesla sent a reply
I called the body shop yesterday
I had forwarded them the email I received as quoted above
two weeks since the ship carrying parts supposedly arrived and no word of supply
I've emailed Tesla again for an update - I see no reason to be waiting and wondering

today my panel beater told that they have the all the parts for my repair, so assembly and painting can begin - two weeks shy of three months since the accident
unfortunately there's a new issue: they need 16 litres of coolant, which isn't available 'anywhere in the world'
apparently this is not just a Tesla issue
the end of civilisation can't be far away

finally bodyshop received parts, all top 3 glasses , bonnet received and move to repair now
my timeline for the repair.
Storm damaged mid Dec 2021 after having the car for 2 months.
In repair shop Dec, insurance approved 3rd week Jan 2022
small parts received from US received in Feb then no further updates.
Emails, calls to Tesla no reply and Sydney customer services no knowledge of parts status
Bodyshop advised parts received on 2 Jun 2022, approx 4 months parts wait time, not too bad considering China stop work in April.
Queue up for repair now.
still waiting - finished paint works, vehicle is currently in the fit up stage .

reading around I've found that coolant really is very scarce, not just Tesla's own branded product either
discussion in various places online referred to the difficulty of using other brands for fear of voiding the warranty - a Valvoline product was mentioned
today I got an email from Tesla including this:
Coolant is a difficult product to supply in the quantity the TACC require and we found it was often out of stock. So we informed all TACC’s to source this locally as it is Valvoline G48 coolant.
another email indicated that the Valvoline coolant is now 'available' - see how long it takes to get it into the actual car

today my panel beater told that they have the all the parts for my repair, so assembly and painting can begin - two weeks shy of three months since the accident
unfortunately there's a new issue: they need 16 litres of coolant, which isn't available 'anywhere in the world'
apparently this is not just a Tesla issue
the end of civilisation can't be far away

LOL @ end of civilisation! So true.

Reactions: Tension
reading around I've found that coolant really is very scarce, not just Tesla's own branded product either
discussion in various places online referred to the difficulty of using other brands for fear of voiding the warranty - a Valvoline product was mentioned
today I got an email from Tesla including this:

another email indicated that the Valvoline coolant is now 'available' - see how long it takes to get it into the actual car
Any update on your repair?