Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair services - Jacksonville FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a minor incident with a couple of boxes falling off of a truck and getting hit and running over them. The trucking company's insurance company provided me an appraisal but said it could be higher "since it is a Tesla"

Needs a new windshield and a bunch of minor repainting to, well, everything upfront. Their current estimate is about $2800.

Also, was 2 days old.

So two questions...

1 - Is this something that the local Service Center can and should do?

2 - What should I be worried about as far as the repairs etc.

This was the incident...

And the estimate
Screenshot_20200107-152827.png

I'm here in Jax too. If you dont live too far from the service center on Phillips hwy I recommend stopping there and asking one of the service writers what they recommend. They can do the windshield for sure and have a great detail guy that used to be a painter for BMW so he will have good insight too.

Got a reply from the service center:

"Unfortunately at our facility we are limited to only replacing front and rear pre-painted bumpers from the factory. We do not have a painting facility here. We recommend taking your vehicle to a Tesla Approved body shop. We have used Joe Hudsons on Tresca RD off of Atlantic blvd with good results. They order everything directly from our warehouses and are familiar with repair procedures."

I'll give them a call this week and bring it in.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam