Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repaired Onboard Charger for Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My onboard charger recently went out in my 2013 Model S at 120k miles. I read all of the posts and watched the videos about repairing it myself. However, as a father of 5 who coaches multiple sports year round, I candidly have more money than time and decided to just pay the $2500 to have Tesla replace it. However, since they do not provide a core charge for the part I asked to get it back and inspected the charger. As many others have found, the problem was a single $10 fuse that went out. I have replaced the fuse and it is now good as new. No other signs of any issues whatsoever.

I was already looking to make the move to a new vehicle and this experience of a $2500 out of warranty repair was my last straw. I have since traded in my Tesla and have my remaining onboard charger in working order. I am listing the onboard charger for sale for anyone who is willing to perform the repair/replacement themselves. As this was a $2500 replacement, I’m asking $500 OBO. Please PM if interested.

My understanding is that the primary and dual onboard chargers are the same part, but I would have to leave it up to other more knowledgeable folks to answer your question for sure. I’m not sure if any other parts/equipment would be needed to link the chargers.