Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestion: use a 360 camera to get us a wide angle/whole field vision of what you're doing. May be too late now that the project is over, you are still inspiring lots of diy'rs all over the world for a better mode of transport!! congratulations!

Congrats on the SuperCharging capability!!

I thought for sure you had gotten either wk57 or Ingineer from this board to wave their respective magic wands and enable supercharging for you long before you ever tried to supercharge, but I guess from the video you did not. I am not too concerned about the lack of crazy air cooling on this -- your 1st -- supercharging session. mostly b/c you started with roughly 95 miles of rated range. if you were closer to 0 rated range and the Supercharger was pumping 114 kW into your battery pack (the max kW I have ever seen when SCing my 2015 S85D) I might be a little concerned, but you started with IIRC 67 kW and tapered from there. so I think you are good as perhaps cooling is not necessary at that level.

Definitely started at 90+kw and then tapered after 5 minutes. I think some cooling should've started but if he didn't drive much to the SC, the pack might not have warmed up.

You can see it shoot up to 116kW just after charging begins.

ingineer has has waved his magic wand all over the car, you'll find out more in repairing a flooded model S episode 6

when I charge using 120V I usually hear the coolant pumps running as evidenced in my fire salvage video

thanks for the kudos!

Thought he might have :D Im really curious to see what they helped you with. Must have been one hell of a challenge.

Maybe a software bug thats stopping the cooling from going on when supercharging?, you were charging at 116kW, they should have turned on for sure. Should definitely check that out before doing another supercharge. :)

Keep it up mate

Reactions: croman
so it sounds to me like you guys played the pumps not starting while supercharging to set up the smoke gag at the supercharging station because of course it would have for the narrative.

Right? RIGHT?

actually no, that was a genuine concern and curiosity.
as rich explains its just that they used to dual pumps so more audible.

our plan was to have the car "catch fire" while supercharging, but the environment we decided was not safe for the general public as we could not control their actions, check our recent vids for the 3 demons behind the smoke.

so ultimately we did it when delores was home.

Hello! I'm new here :)
I just saw Rich's last video and I have these questions...

1. since Rich doesn't have Tesla's app on his phone...Is there any way to download the app from "another source"? Maybe getting the apk file for Android phones
2. Does anybody know how much cost also the paperwork to put the salvage tesla legally on the street again?
3. How much is the insurance monthly insurance fee for this kind of... Project?

I'm new in the United States so.. sorry for my bad english

22549718_3449719778384390_3658832784100206843_n.png

Please Tesla, Help!

Finished up last night on the couch from a one week binge of the thread and youtube vids. As good as a season of The Office.

There is some amazing knowledge in these threads - Rich great job taking this bull by the horns. Its one thing to do it with an ICE, which has been around forever, but this was a whole new animal. You and some of these other folks in here are true trail blazers...and absolutely brilliant.

I have been looking transferring a wrecked P90D into a FRESH WATER (you completely convinced me to stay far from salt water) flood car....goal is to save some $ on the flood car. Any idea if there would be any transplant issues from a P90D into a 70, for instance? I just can't tell if the frames are all the same and it's only internal components/engines/batteries that differ so it wouldn't matter, or if it is best to just do P90D into a P90D/90D? After reading/watching this through I know someone hear has the answer and am hoping would be willing to share.

...and thanks again for hours of entertainment where my wife kept looking over at me giggling like a little boy...

Wife: what's so funny

Me: oh just some crazy guy swapping wrecked Tesla's

Wife: why is that so funny?

Me: ...you will find out in a couple of weeks when you walk into the garage...