Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... keep in mind that your actions might have some unintended consequences that might not be apparent to you as you tinker away in your garage.
In a nutshell you fear anyone tinkering with their personal car as it might hurt others... well going to have to break it too ya.....
I say we need a Mod to move these derailing comments like these (including this one).. as I want more Flooding posts!

No, they don't "also" own the supercharger, they ONLY own the supercharger, they don't own the car. And they have specifically sold unlimited lifetime use of the supercharger with the car.

Got a link for the bolded? I don't ever recall them saying unlimited lifetime usage, only lifetime usage.

(not related to the question on hand)

Got a link for the bolded? I don't ever recall them saying unlimited lifetime usage, only lifetime usage.

(not related to the question on hand)
If there were limits, they would need to be clearly spelled out somewhere, can you point to where they list those limits? Without some agreement that states the limits, they don't have a legal leg to stand on if they try to enforce any.

If there were limits, they would need to be clearly spelled out somewhere, can you point to where they list those limits? Without some agreement that states the limits, they don't have a legal leg to stand on if they try to enforce any.

lol, that's not how it works.

If they didn't list limits, that doesn't automatically imply unlimited.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at ATT's old (grandfathered in) unlimited data plans. They did not list limits. What did they do to the people who refused to switch to new plans? They capped the old unlimited data to 5GB at high speeds and unlimited at low speeds.

Tesla can do the same. It's lifetime, it's free (well, paid for in the price of the car), but don't assume it's unlimited.

At least this will be on topic.

Btr_ftw interested in an ESS enclosure? Note the top is bent up, but not as badly as yours. If yes email me.
Capture.PNG

Is this any different than the thousands upon thousands of people who modify their ICE vehicles all the time? tuning engines, "chipping", changing suspension components, doing engine swaps, whatever. Is it ok for people to do that? if so, why wouldn't it be ok on a Tesla?

He is a shareholder in Tesla and I can imagine has alot to lose if I exploded the car while doing a P85 conversion (bad press). I think that is where he is coming from.

- - - Updated - - -

At least this will be on topic.

Btr_ftw interested in an ESS enclosure? Note the top is bent up, but not as badly as yours. If yes PM me.
View attachment 113506

negative, but thank you!

What are you planning on doing with your electron harvestation?

God, you are adorable with those cute/clever "high voltage" signs.

Everything is so clean/organized (satoshi would be proud)

You're HAZMAT certified aren't you?

Headline: Non-Engineer Explodes Seawater Totaled Electric Tesla Vehicle - Are all Electric Vehicles bad, or just Teslas?

On another note, you're going to have to come up with a nice nautical themed name for your little project if/when it ever rolls under it's own power again. Probably deserves a proper christening with a bottle of champagne and everything.

Last edited:
Headline: Non-Engineer Explodes Seawater Totaled Electric Tesla Vehicle - Are all Electric Vehicles bad, or just Teslas?

On another note, you're going to have to come up with a nice nautical themed name for your little project if/when it ever rolls under it's own power again. Probably deserves a proper christening with a bottle of champagne and everything.

I actually really like that headline. Please add "TSLA Stock Price Continues To Fall"

How exactly is someone going to die by making a software change, which more expensive models of the same car already have?

Yeah, exactly. My other car is a VW Golf R. In some markets, it shipped with stability control that could be fully disabled. Not in the US. Enterprising individuals found the software switch that allows the stability control to be fully defeated. Is it somehow wrong for me to flip that switch? I mean, warranty issues aside, why shouldn't I be able to do that?

You have it wrong the switch turns a 60 into a "Tesla GT Cup" lightweight race edition ;)
I still have >400v worth of 3000F Maxwell boost caps... (I think short circuit is like 5KA)... anyone want to pay me big $ to make the lightest/fastest ESS pack! *Note range is limited to 1 mile, unless I put in a small pack and boost converter in too.

No takers? ;)