Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all of them!

You think you need all of your airbags? Are you not sure?

Are you irresponsibly repairing a salvage vehicle?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey out of curiosity, unless you covered it already. Are the window switches and steering column still sporting Daimler markings in the data plates or are they now purpose built for Tesla?

I can check

• Funny
Reactions: wbrumfiel
There's your problem, manufacturers defect. Should be able to get the car repaired under warranty.

Reminds me of what a friend of mine said when I was showing him my bench setup.

Me: Well, it's got a bunch of errors showing.
Friend: Hmm. Well, I see your problem. Looks like the rest of the car is missing! Probably should get them to replace that under warranty.
Me: Haha, yup.
*scrolls through errors*
Friend:
*reading one of the errors aloud* Hmm.. "Car may be free rolling." Well, that explains where the rest of the car went.

• Funny
Reactions: DarrenK and Ames
Reminds me of what a friend of mine said when I was showing him my bench setup.

Me: Well, it's got a bunch of errors showing.
Friend: Hmm. Well, I see your problem. Looks like the rest of the car is missing! Probably should get them to replace that under warranty.
Me: Haha, yup.
*scrolls through errors*
Friend:
*reading one of the errors aloud* Hmm.. "Car may be free rolling." Well, that explains where the rest of the car went.

I wonder what errors a flooded car would show... hmmmmmm......

"car is presently submerged"

All I ask is that if you have any leads to salvage or parts cars just give me a heads up.
Well, I have a salvage 2015 85D arriving tomorrow which I'll be parting out, although that may be too new for you. Black interior, 3,500 miles on the pack, and so on. It had a rear-ender. I'll be using the front-end on my P85D rebuild, but selling everything else.

I've placed ads in Panjo, but obviously no pictures yet. Here's one:
https://www.panjo.com/buy/85kwh-battery-pack-practically-new-from-a-2015-model-s-263990

Nobody here has done before what I am doing, but I'm not interested in any sort of commentary here because Mods here are not tolerant. (I was banned) Here's my P85 yesterday:
Disass, partial-sm.jpg

It was in a head-on collision, offset to driver's side. I must replace the upper frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of looks like the Batmobile at this stage...

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, can't edit posts for clarification.

Doing the horrid front frame replacement. Sure, the body shops have done it, but that doesn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

@Spiderz: I am only allowed to send 1 PM every 60 minutes (Why?) so I'll respond here. Indeed the side-curtain airbags in the donor car are not blown, but I need them for the P85D.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to Btr: Notice the driver's side wheel is shifted back, and the middle frame brace is tilted up toward the right? Yeah, it's not supposed to be like that. Even the right tube rail is aiming up a bit. Whatever hit it, rode over the tube rail and shattered the aluminum casting of the frame. Unfixable. That's why I bought the donor car.

The front frame is not just bolted to the body receiver, but also glued with special structural glue. The part I don't know if I can do but will have to, is to break that cross-linked bond, on the bad frame and on the good. Nobody knows how outside of Tesla, and they ain't talking.

You think you need all of your airbags? Are you not sure?

Are you irresponsibly repairing a salvage vehicle?

- - - Updated - - -

I can check

Haha, yes, by "I think" I mean, all of them are needed!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, yes, by "I think" I mean, all of them are needed!!!

To be more clear:

Knees, body and side-curtains for drivers side, passenger and back seats...

Will do. If there's not a second charger in the P85D and there is in the silver 85D I'll be using it, but otherwise selling. (unless primary and secondary are identical)

I didn't intend to hijack. I tried to set up sale threads in Classifieds but Pango could not authorize me on TMC. Please direct inquiries to my original thread.

Will do. If there's not a second charger in the P85D and there is in the silver 85D I'll be using it, but otherwise selling. (unless primary and secondary are identical)

I didn't intend to hijack. I tried to set up sale threads in Classifieds but Pango could not authorize me on TMC. Please direct inquiries to my original thread.

They are physically identical, but the primary can't be used as a slave charger without new firmware. I haven't figured out how to switch between the two, since the ones programmed as a slave wont respond to commands intended for the master and vice versa. :(