Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It regulates air quality/smells inside the cabin, ozonator or something like that it's called
In older cars it was to the right of the steering wheel up under the dash trim. It's a little module with a tiny fan that senses temp and humidity. It does not regulate "smells". Where do people get this s**t from?!? I'm sure there are many SO's that would love a smell regulator, but sadly, it doesn't exist.
The ionizer was introduced in the summer of 2014 and my car was one of the first to have it. Not related to the little grille in the console, but it is a real thing. Well, at least it's a real button on the screen.
http://d2odvx3v4cbpyu.cloudfront.ne...4/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-02-at-9.19.59-PM.jpg

Reactions: mike77cos
DSLTED
DESALT
DESLTD
DSLNTD (desalinated)
DSTLLD (distilled)
BRINED
OSMSIS
SODIUM
SEASLT
SEASCK
CSALTY
SUNKED
SUNKT
RSCUED
SURFNG
SURFIN
SAILIN
SAILNG
SALINE
FLOODD
FLOATY
MROOND
YOHOHO
REBOOT
RBOOTD
RFRMTD
STUBRN
SOSWTF
BTRFTW

:D

Here's my list

ABSURD
SPCSHP
TOCOOL
MYSHIP
VLTAGE
VOLTGE
NXTGEN

CHRGME
ZROGAS
RLYQWK

HITECH
NOENGN
PROTON
BATERY
NEUTRN
OHMLAW
CHARGD
DIGITL
NOGAS
INGINR
ELKTRK

Reactions: Pando
Anecdote: when typing the correct spelling for excrement, the forum auto-replaced it with *sugar* once saved. I personally would have replaced it with *salt*, but that is just me. Feels more contextual. Sorry if I am offending folks.
I'll go to a quiet spot around here and see if George Carlin's works trigger all the filters.
(removing link, too direct for my taste)
Well, no, they don't. It catches #1 and #3.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy
UPDATE

Figured since I was wrenching on the car today Id look into upgrading my tpms so that I can see the individual tire pressures. Welp. Tesla put a stop to that pretty quickly. I called them up and they won't sell me the parts for the retrofit. It has to be approved by engineering and they will only upgrade to the newer system if there is an issue with the current system.

Womp womp....

UPDATE

Figured since I was wrenching on the car today Id look into upgrading my tpms so that I can see the individual tire pressures. Welp. Tesla put a stop to that pretty quickly. I called them up and they won't sell me the parts for the retrofit. It has to be approved by engineering and they will only upgrade to the newer system if there is an issue with the current system.

Womp womp....
That's sad. Very sad for Tesla to judge such stuff.

You might have to purchase a new salvage to pull the tpms gear.