Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

Jcooney

Oct 18, 2016
Newfoundland Canada
The Model S is my dream car and yesterday afternoon a thought occurred to me. Being aluminium I could purchase a couple of written off model s's. One with Flood damage and one with accident damage then swap the working components from the Model S with the destroyed frame, into the Model S with the perfect frame and destroyed components. I rushed to my computer to look into the feasibility of my idea and low and behold what do I find but your forum providing me with a wealth of information I could never have even wished for. Needless to say I didn't sleep last night while catching up on your adventure. Thank you so much, you may be responsible for getting me my dream car!

I can't wait to see your finished Tesla :)

Btr_ftw

Court Jester
Dec 19, 2015
Mass
The Model S is my dream car and yesterday afternoon a thought occurred to me. Being aluminium I could purchase a couple of written off model s's. One with Flood damage and one with accident damage then swap the working components from the Model S with the destroyed frame, into the Model S with the perfect frame and destroyed components. I rushed to my computer to look into the feasibility of my idea and low and behold what do I find but your forum providing me with a wealth of information I could never have even wished for. Needless to say I didn't sleep last night while catching up on your adventure. Thank you so much, you may be responsible for getting me my dream car!

I can't wait to see your finished Tesla :)

Good luck my friend this is a metric ton of work! You'll need the space, tools patience, time, money, knowledge about cars and a hell of a sense of humor to get this done!

If you need help just let me know

kevinf311

Jan 15, 2013
DCish
its_happening.gif

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW and Btr_ftw

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC