Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree.

Part of the reason I got hysterically angry at you guys is feeling punished for something I had no involvement in, and that wrath was hoping to express to Tesla that not everyone is going to go about repairing vehicles so carelessly.

I view it opposite, it's to early to open it up. I doubt tesla plans to have a parts ban forever. I think it's a supply and demand. If you were to stockpile parts then Tesla is competing for resources. And the upside is they are able to protect the brand which protects owners interests. Your taking about pissing of very few people in comparison to becoming another delorian or bricklin

Have you noticed that the parts ban is also damaging their own brand?

This "Tesla is out to screw us" sentiment is a different kind of brand damage, and one probably equally as detrimental as the media's yellow journalism.

You need the support of tinkerers to succeed in the automotive industry. It is far too early in Tesla's tenure to be closing the door on such a vital and important market segment.

Then also the current design making it such that any slight damage totals the car and goes for auction at 1/10 the retail value in salvage auctions is going to put the hurt on insurance companies who then will raise premiums on the model S, and make it impractical to own a Tesla vehicle in that sense.

I can understand both sides of the story here. From what I know it seems the real issue is with the certified body shops. I have heard that these shops do less than adequate work and that a shop that one might trust to do the work is not certified and cannot be certified, because there is already a certified body shop in the area. The main issue here is that these CBS are the only people who can order restricted parts (Body Panels/ Electronics). I know I have a few shops that I know and trust and don't want to take it a shop that does half a** work. But at the same time you would think that Tesla would allow more certified shops in the area so that these shops do not create such a monopoly. I would love to see some competition so I could get parts if my car were to break.

UPDATE

Gave my friend at tesla the vin number so he could check the car out, his words were "stay away dude, run far and fast, car was last alive 4 months ago, car is F***ED, had 47 faults before dying, internal faults with HV battery, only part
of the pac was working before end of life, definitely water in the pack"

This is before I told him I had already bought the car

looks like my friend was right, only part of the pack was working

Check out this big ass pack fuse right here.

Here is the big fuse on top of said ice cube tray to further reference

fPK6m05.jpg

can you put the fuse next to the stick of deodorant found earlier in your thread for size comparison? that would really bring it home for me. :tongue::tongue:

can you put the fuse next to the stick of deodorant found earlier in your thread for size comparison? that would really bring it home for me. :tongue::tongue:

I'll see what I can do?

Taking requests to see what I can put the fuse next to for size reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a closeup pic of the board on the battery module itself

oxwgSkf.jpg

I'll take your word for it.

I'm trusting you here, don't let me down

Here are the boards from a pack built about a year later than yours:
Tesla%20BMS%20Module%20-%20Front-1280.jpg
Front of BMS Module board (one of these on each of the 16 modules)

Tesla%20BMS%20Module%20-%20Back-1280.jpg
Back of the BMS Module board.

Images I post in this thread and my related commentary are posted and published by me, the original photographer. All copyrights and all other rights reserved. These images may not be copied or otherwise distributed outside of this forum without my express permission.

Note: click images for higher resolution