Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try some PB Blaster on that slightly rusty fan rotor shaft.

Excellent advice ... followed by a BFH or 1377-VW special tool :cool:

upload_2016-9-16_22-23-4.png

here are some pics as I was installing the MCU

RxSj6GS.jpg

and BAMMM

MPMMQlt.jpg

s4jhUf2.jpg

by the way here is what is not working on the car

HORN DOESNT WORK
WINDOW CONTROLS DONT WORK
SUNROOF DOESNT WORK
HVAC DOESNT WORK
NO SOUND THROUGH SPEAKERS
COOLANT PUMPS DO NOT OPERATE
WINDSHIELD WIPERS DO NOT WORK
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DOES NOT WORK
CHARGE PORT DOOR WILL NOT OPEN..

OFF TO A GREAT START!

Is there any way you could install steering wheel, pedals and seat and drive it around like this? I think it looks cool like this. Sort of a "Terminator" look.

UPDATE

After many sleepless nights...

I've come to the conclusion that I have to connect both the battery and the drive unit, which are not currently connected. My biggest fear was a corroded wire lurking somewhere and the car exploding.

Part of me doesn't want to connect the main HV pack because I will be absolutely devastated if it doesn't work. Please keep in mind that this pack has been sitting outdoors in the elements for over a year and a few of those months were in sub zero temperatures, really who knows the status of it, especially with there being no battery conditioning initiated by the car.

Welp, wish me luck

I don't think cold temperatures are supposed to harm lithium batteries, as long as they aren't charged or discharged while really cold.

Good luck!

The thing is that I never knew the charge level of the battery before or after the accident, also don't know if anything internal was harmed, the smart thing to do would have been to test the voltage at the contactors a loooooonngg time ago

The thing is that I never knew the charge level of the battery before or after the accident, also don't know if anything internal was harmed, the smart thing to do would have been to test the voltage at the contactors a loooooonngg time ago

That does sound like the smart thing. Smart decisions make for boring threads, though. :p

Which car was the cached 208 miles from last week? I thought you were putting all the parts from the crashed car into the shell of the flooded one, right? So presumably that 208 is the battery level before the crash? Or am I missing something?

Which car was the cached 208 miles from last week? I thought you were putting all the parts from the crashed car into the shell of the flooded one, right? So presumably that 208 is the battery level before the crash? Or am I missing something?

I'll level with you here...

I don't even remember anymore. I believe its from the crashed car but I did not label the instrument clusters.

The problem is that the cars were very similar but not exactly the same, also a few parts were taken off of the white crashed car that I needed, so I believe the car now is kind of freaking out stating that "hey, woah, I had this this and this and now its missing what the heck"

• Funny
Reactions: croman
UPDATE

Still didn't install the battery/Drive Unit but I did play around more with some wiring and I got the air suspension compressor to "HISS" at me so that's cool. There is a 90% chance I will also have to replace the front harness, unfortunately the front harness on the white P85 was partially destroyed in the accident sooooo.....

Anyway, this video will also give you guys good insight as to what the current state of the car is, also its shows me getting scared in REAL TIME. If you don't have access to a video player I will sum up the video for you.....

*opening scene*

me - "here goes nothing"

*connects battery terminals to car*

*hissing noise*

me (scared) - "AAAAAH"

me - "talk to me baby"
me - "talk to me baby"
me - "talk to me"
me - "talk to me baby"
me - "talk to me"

me - "YEAAAAHH SHE TALKED TO ME"