Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any plan of attack for getting the contactorsto close? I can't wait for you to truly say

"IT'S ALIVE"

I hit the pedal with Thor's hammer and still couldn't get them to close. No clicks, Nadda, after talking to an engineer (who has a hard time spelling his username) it's likely a HV fault. So I have to check a few HV locations.

General Drive unit area/wiring
Battery HV cables
HVJB
Both chargers
Charge port door area
DC/DC converter

Which car was the cached 208 miles from last week? I thought you were putting all the parts from the crashed car into the shell of the flooded one, right? So presumably that 208 is the battery level before the crash? Or am I missing something?

I'll level with you here...

I don't even remember anymore. I believe its from the crashed car but I did not label the instrument clusters.

The aquatic car was showing 144 miles before you stripped it, so the 208 miles must be from the white car before it crashed

I'm curious, do you get a picture of and information from the white car when you push the "T" at the top of the display?

Gauge cluster shows 144 miles distance to empty

Edited to add: I only discovered this thread on Saturday, and agree with others that it's a real page-turner of a story. I have spent most of the weekend reading it (which is also why I remembered the battery level was different, because I only read it a couple of days ago when for you it's been months)
Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy
UPDATE....

WHELP...

*Sitting on floor in the car*
*Powers car on, mcu turns on, cluster turns on*

Me - DRIVE

Car - NO!

Me -DRIVE

Car - Frunk open. Bypass?

Me - yes DRIVE !!

Car - ok

Me - drive

Car - can't

Me - why not?

Car - air bag missing , contact tesla , air suspension not working , regent braking disabled , traction control, car may not drive ABS disabled, car may not charge

Me - DRIVE ANYWAY

Car - switches to drive *disengages parking brake*

Car - * immediately engages parking brake shifts to park*

Me - switches back to drive

Car - disengages parking brake

Car - immediately engages Parking brake

Me - powers car off check al over the course of 2 hours HV. And finds THIS cover not screwed in al the way. Turns out this is a pressure switch

nERNAJ2.jpg