Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude, this is amazing. I mean, really fantastic. I've been following from the very beginning and just figured it'd be cool to see one torn down and anything else would be gravy, but holy *sugar*, you got it driving! Absolutely incredible. I lack the patience, technical knowledge, automotive knowledge, dexterity, patience again, garage space, zumba boxes, and work ethic to do anything close to this. So I'll enjoy that spirit vicariously through you. Seriously, this is a big deal, and impressive accomplishment. People like you and @Ingineer and @wk057 are just insanely impressive. (Or just insane?)

@Btr_ftw , I didn't realize you were famous...until your picture showed up in a Facebook post. Small world.

14695323_1032989306809771_6705586419655542566_n.jpg

UPDATE

ok, celebration time is over, time to get back to work!

Here is a vid of me washing all of the dust/salt off the exterior

Did anybody else cringe when they noticed the driver's side window open a bit during the hosing off ceremony?

Don't you know what water can do to the inside of one of these cars? :D:D:D

I have to say that this whole thread is probably the most awesome thing I've seen on the internet this year. My hat's off to you for what you've been able to accomplish here. Thanks for bringing the rest of us along for the ride.

UPDATE, TIME TO CHARGE!!

The vampire drain on these cars is enormous. The MCU LEDs behind the lcd are constantly lit up, also the fan behind the instrument cluster seems to stay running even though the car is off. Also the tiny fan behind the dash that takes the interior temp is constantly running as well. The car has lost approximately 50 miles since I plugged in the battery for the first time.

So yeah... The MCU says "CAR MAY NOT CHARGE" I said, you aren't the boss of me and opened the charge port to charge the car!

And guess what!?!?

it didn't charge.... interesting.....

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
UPDATE, TIME TO CHARGE!!

The vampire drain on these cars is enormous. The MCU LEDs behind the lcd are constantly lit up, also the fan behind the instrument cluster seems to stay running even though the car is off. Also the tiny fan behind the dash that takes the interior temp is constantly running as well. The car has lost approximately 50 miles since I plugged in the battery for the first time.

So yeah... The MCU says "CAR MAY NOT CHARGE" I said, you aren't the boss of me and opened the charge port to charge the car!

And guess what!?!?

it didn't charge.... interesting.....

Oh come on!!!

Btr - Noticing the front bumper carrier/radiator mount, I'm curious what its condition was? My apologies if this was discussed earlier. From what I understand, this component is a Mg alloy and can be very susceptible to corrosion.

Yes it is very susceptible to corrosion. As a matter of fact a few of the radiator mounts were corroded, but not to the point of replacing the entire K frame. I will remove it, clean, and address the affected areas.

UPDATE

Here is a list of my issues as of right now

Regen braking Disabled
ABS light on
Car will not charge
Traction control disabled
Adult ADHD
Stability control disabled
one headlight does not work

starting to feeeel the paaainnnnn

One of these things is not like the other ones. One of these things isn't the same...