Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE!!!

1) bad wheel speed sensors NEGATIVE
2) faulty motor speed sensor
3) faulty abs traction control module
4) battery pack not getting to operating temperature NEGATIVE
5) brake cluster sensor NEGATIVE
6) poor wiring connection from drive unit to passenger side wiring harness
7) air in brake lines NEGATIVE
8) brake power pump

UPDATE

Really getting down the wire here

Tested the wheel speed sensors and they are fine, also repairing the circulation valves did not solve the issue either. Still no regen, stability control or ABS.

I think you are purposely dragging things out to keep us on the edge of our chairs. :eek:

The problem with this thread is that it is now in real time, so when there's an issue you all struggle with me for a few days till I figure it out.

Most people will struggle in silence, then post a story on how they figured it out after the fact.

But I'm brining you guys down with me :)

does it matter which one we can use? Mine is an Aluminum one right now, but i need to replace it. should i go with plastic or AL? why did they change it? 2014 Model S
AFAIK, rear wheel cars use the metal bumper carrier. It's actually a Mg alloy, which is probably the reason that it was redesigned with a composite (Mg is very susceptible to corrosion). There was a modification to the galvanic isolating hardware that supports the carrier, but as my car apparently never received the updated hardware, it began corroding, a lot. I don't know if they're interchangeable, but know that they replaced mine with another Mg one this past July..

Reactions: ElectricT
JRP3 wrote: What if the inverter thinks the pack is too cold to allow regen, even if it's actually warm enough? Bad sensor/signal/wire/connection?

The ABS would work as it is not linked to the battery-temp in anyway.
On standard cars we had the problem with ABS if the steering angle sensor is defective.
Does anybody know where this sensor is located in a Tesla?

Regarding the steering angle sensor I checked the Mercedes files (as the steering wheel and it´s
components are manufactured by the same subsupplier as Mercedes):
It is part number 9 in the picture. Maybe it´s worth to check this sensor and it´s connectors too.
Part no 8 is the driver for the sensor and general contact for the steering-wheel extra functions.
Steering gear sensor Mercedes.jpg

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: PJFW8 and hiroshiy
Have you tried initializing the steering wheel sensor? While stationary turn the wheel all the way left to lock, then all the way right to lock. The system doesn't know the angle of the wheel until it measures the turns lock to lock. Not sure if the newer Bosch systems need that but all the old systems do. A angle sensor fault OR battery disconnection will require turning the wheel back and forth until the system figures it out. This will give the trifecta on 4x4 vehicles (ABS, Stability Control, Hill Descent Control) or ABS, Stability control fault on non 4x4 vehicles.