TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Repairs--Make sure to get a second opinion

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by PeterHG, May 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PeterHG

PeterHG Member

Being an absent minded dope--I raised my hatchback in the garage, not worrying that it rested against my open garage door. I then closed my garage door, scraping paint in multiple places, all small, as the door panels and hardware passed by--DOH!

I expected to pay $1,000 or a bit more out of pocket (had she been a few years old, I probably would have made due with touch up paint). But the first shop I visited in Massachusetts quoted $4700 and was vague about turnaround time. Even with the insurance company paying, I couldn't get my head around that number, and the turnaround vagueness bothered me.

I ended up at Highway Auto Body in Rockland, MA. They did a great job in just a few days. She looks as good as new and the price was "only" $1800 (before their negotiations with insurance company).

It's definitely worth shopping around,--especially since the time spent doing it is behind the wheel!

2. Randaddy

Randaddy Member

You should definitely set the max opening height of the hatch so it doesn't happen again!

Fully open hatch, manually position it to desired opening height. Then, press and hold the hatch release button until it long beeps. Max opening height is now set.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1