Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repeat Functionality in Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I going crazy or is there really no way to toggle on repeat in the Spotify app? Seems like such a ridiculously basic functionality to include in a music player app...

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.47.59 PM.png

There isn't a way to do it with the car, no. :( If you have the Spotify app on your phone and it realizes your car is playing the song, you can toggle repeat that way, I've heard.

But, yeah, this is something they took away on V11 for some stupid reason.

I hope it returns soon.

Reactions: Hank Hill
The Lord Elon giveth and the Lord Elon taketh away.

Seriously, though, I also dislike how there isn't an option to make Spotify not play similar artists after your playlist has ended, too. I never used that feature and just looped my playlist.

Now I have to always use my hands to open up my Playlist and manually tap it at the top to repeat.

Boooooooooo!

The Lord Elon giveth and the Lord Elon taketh away.

Seriously, though, I also dislike how there isn't an option to make Spotify not play similar artists after your playlist has ended, too. I never used that feature and just looped my playlist.

Now I have to always use my hands to open up my Playlist and manually tap it at the top to repeat.

Boooooooooo!
I'm not sure my playlist has ever ended! I have over 5,000 songs on my main one, and since every time I witch to another streaming option or FM radio, it reverts back to the beginning, I'm not sure I ever will....

Spotify is my biggest complaint so far. Mine wont connect (BUFFERS FOREVER) or wont pick up where the song left off.
Did you sign out and sign back in? Or try this - I recently had an issue where Spotify was basically stuck on one song and wouldn't advance past it. I tried everything - rebooting, signing and and out multiple times, signing in and out on my phone, etc. Then someone suggested that I try the wheel configurator - so I went into the Service menu and changed my wheels from 19" to 20" - the car does a short reboot. Then I went in and changed them back to 19" - another short reboot. And Spotify worked again! I have no clue why this worked but it did. This was just last week.

See Strange Spotify Issue for the whole story.

Did you sign out and sign back in? Or try this - I recently had an issue where Spotify was basically stuck on one song and wouldn't advance past it. I tried everything - rebooting, signing and and out multiple times, signing in and out on my phone, etc. Then someone suggested that I try the wheel configurator - so I went into the Service menu and changed my wheels from 19" to 20" - the car does a short reboot. Then I went in and changed them back to 19" - another short reboot. And Spotify worked again! I have no clue why this worked but it did. This was just last week.

See Strange Spotify Issue for the whole story.
Tried the wheel setting, Issue is still there. Going in for service monday.

I often like to listen to the same song on repeat while I work using the Spotify desktop app. If I forget to remote the single song repeat on my desktop, it continues to do so in the Spotify vehicle app. Even if I switch songs, it continues the single song repeat. I can't find anything in the vehicle UI to get me out of this mode. I'm able to open my phone to disable it, but it would be nice not to have to pull over to do that. Any suggestions?