Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repeated Charging message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
00523A0F-E32B-4A99-9052-9707A98D9E20.jpeg

Well, that’s a new message (for me, at least) Have the car set to top notch of the “Daily” notches — not into the “Trip section”. I only charge once or maybe twice per week normally though with the chillier weather, it was three times this week.

Last night the charging was odd — it was telling me that charging rate would be limited due to the cold temps. But I also think maybe the cable wasn’t plugged in quite right, as it was listing 16/48A and the rate stayed consistently low (10km/hr) from 1-3:30am and I don’t believe it increased after that either. I should’ve gone out to unplug & replug but there was quite the wind last night, plus it snowed yesterday for the first time this season so...

Perhaps the crummy connection had the car thinking that last night’s charging session was a whole bunch of charging sessions? Or have others seen this message?

(Running 50.6 — in case anyone wonders)

View attachment 375934

Well, that’s a new message (for me, at least) Have the car set to top notch of the “Daily” notches — not into the “Trip section”. I only charge once or maybe twice per week normally though with the chillier weather, it was three times this week.

Last night the charging was odd — it was telling me that charging rate would be limited due to the cold temps. But I also think maybe the cable wasn’t plugged in quite right, as it was listing 16/48A and the rate stayed consistently low (10km/hr) from 1-3:30am and I don’t believe it increased after that either. I should’ve gone out to unplug & replug but there was quite the wind last night, plus it snowed yesterday for the first time this season so...

Perhaps the crummy connection had the car thinking that last night’s charging session was a whole bunch of charging sessions? Or have others seen this message?

(Running 50.6 — in case anyone wonders)
Set the upper limit to 75% for longest life in city daily driving. Www.egpreston.com/battery life1.PDF

This thread is perfectly timed for me. My second day with my new mid range battery M3. The link above on battery care didn’t work, but thanks for the try. The owner’s manual is stating to not charge the battery much above what you will expect to be needing but not much else. I have heard so many conflicting things about proper care, but I know tech is always changing too. One woman wrote in another site that she charged her Tesla to about 75% daily but after a while her range on a max charge went down. Tesla said her intelligent software did that, that her battery was prob ok. Told her to max charge for a while and her range should go up. I read that Tesla builds in plenty of upper and lower room limits for battery care. I rarely drive more than 50 miles a day and usually can plan for longer trips. How much should I charge it? Today was my first charging session and I went to 50%.

This thread is perfectly timed for me. My second day with my new mid range battery M3. The link above on battery care didn’t work, but thanks for the try. The owner’s manual is stating to not charge the battery much above what you will expect to be needing but not much else. I have heard so many conflicting things about proper care, but I know tech is always changing too. One woman wrote in another site that she charged her Tesla to about 75% daily but after a while her range on a max charge went down. Tesla said her intelligent software did that, that her battery was prob ok. Told her to max charge for a while and her range should go up. I read that Tesla builds in plenty of upper and lower room limits for battery care. I rarely drive more than 50 miles a day and usually can plan for longer trips. How much should I charge it? Today was my first charging session and I went to 50%.

I would charge it to between 80 and 90%. If you like multiples of 10, go with one of those. If you like multiples of 5, go with 85%. You coud even switch it up when you get bored.

Sorry, not trying to be flippant - the maximum charge level in this range really makes such little difference that it doesn't matter.