Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repeater camera coax cable replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short I bought a car that was clipped on the front end on the passenger side( front right ). The camera was replaced with some thing I think aftermarket or used. I had a problem with auto pilot and the car drifting and then correcting itself. I went to Tesla and they replace the camera. It seemed OK when I left and then soon as I hit a bump I started seeing little red lines on the camera on the right side. I don’t know exactly when it happened because I don’t have the cameras on all the time but long story short I unplugged it and it looks like the coax plug is damaged a bit.

Can I replace just this cable? Or does the entire harness have to be changed in the front? It seems like they have a part number for it so I would imagine it could be changed but I am not sure any help I would be grateful.

Long story short I bought a car that was clipped on the front end on the passenger side( front right ). The camera was replaced with some thing I think aftermarket or used. I had a problem with auto pilot and the car drifting and then correcting itself. I went to Tesla and they replace the camera. It seemed OK when I left and then soon as I hit a bump I started seeing little red lines on the camera on the right side. I don’t know exactly when it happened because I don’t have the cameras on all the time but long story short I unplugged it and it looks like the coax plug is damaged a bit.

Can I replace just this cable? Or does the entire harness have to be changed in the front? It seems like they have a part number for it so I would imagine it could be changed but I am not sure any help I would be grateful.
Did you get this fixed? Was it just the cable or did you have to replace the camera too?