Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repeater camera feeds are mostly useless when turn signal is on at night

nickID

Dec 16, 2018
US
Does anyone else get a lot of glare on the left and right repeater feeds when the turn signal on that side is on, and you’re driving in the dark? For me, the turn signal directly above the camera casts an orange glare over the entire top half of the video. The housings don’t seem to be loose or anything.

I’m wondering if this issue is caused by the chrome housing. If any of you has a chance to test it out, along with your results let me know if your vehicle has chrome or black trim. I’ll try covering the housings with tape when I have time to retest.

BDV300

Nov 21, 2019
Phoenix
Chr
Does anyone else get a lot of glare on the left and right repeater feeds when the turn signal on that side is on, and you’re driving in the dark? For me, the turn signal directly above the camera casts an orange glare over the entire top half of the video. The housings don’t seem to be loose or anything.

I’m wondering if this issue is caused by the chrome housing. If any of you has a chance to test it out, along with your results let me know if your vehicle has chrome or black trim. I’ll try covering the housings with tape when I have time to retest.

Chrome delete on mine and it's still an issue.

bbell

Sep 14, 2018
Niagara
I see that too, I have chrome.

In a way there is an advantage to seeing the state of the turn signal -- it is proof you had it on if you have an accident and there is any question about that.

But it would be better if it didn't block out so much of the image.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC