TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Repetition learning is working? 17.26.76 has learned for me

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Jul 7, 2017.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I have the only Tesla for many miles and I drive one section of divided four lane road several times per day in both directions. This road has breaks in the divider which curve to the left (the opposing traffic side). AP2 on 17.17.4 would follow the curve on one of these breaks every single time - I always had to break autopilot's path to avoid ending up in oncoming lanes. Couldn't tell why it did it - but same spot every time.

17.26.76 has completely aced this same section. Yes I have the "short videos" uploading to Tesla. Maybe they helped? Maybe dozens of autopilot breaks in this area over a few weeks flagged the system somehow and this got pumped into the neural net training?

All I know is it wanted to crash there every single time. Then I turned on the video uploads - now 17.26.76 installed yesterday and it aced that spot on the very first try.

• Informative x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Oh and before you ask - 17.26.76 seems like a significant improvement over 17.17.4 - I did not get any of the intermediate builds.

3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Clearly the car changed its mind about wanting to keep you as its owner. Did you wash and wax it recently? Maybe vacuum up all the cracker crumbs from between the seats? Buy a new car freshener? :)

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 1
  4. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

Worth pointing out that there was also a major control/steering change. That could easily have caused the change of behavior on its own.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

My girl always treats me better after some McLovin'. It a rule of nature.

• Funny x 2
  6. cmd_keen

cmd_keen Member

Same experience with prior releases on a section of I355 near Chicago... also breaks in the lane markers while curving left. Always had to take over at this section, otherwise would veer into the adjacent lane. But after this new release, stayed in the lane and tracked perfectly (even though the lane markers on the dash went away as usual on that section). Also noticed tracking being slightly more stable on curves.
    However... the response to traffic ahead reducing speed seems to have been increased/made more dramatic as now the deceleration is not as gradual and I notice AP apply the brake more often with less initial reliance on regen. That's been my experience.

• Informative x 2
  7. DHG.

DHG. Member

So I installed 17.26.76 today but it didn't give me an option to upload how do I toggle that option on?

8. croman

croman Active Member

The default is on. Its under privacy or something in the driver's assistance menu I think. Both boxes should be checked and it will send data to the mothership.