Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace charge port cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, first time posting here. I'm a 2017 Tesla Model X owner in China.

So today I charged my Tesla using a third-party AC charging station for about eight hours. ( Some backgrounds, in china Tesla has two sockets in charge port, one for AC and another for DC(as used in supercharger)). When I unplugged the cable, I noticed that due to overheating the plactic around AC socket was melted but lucky enough the car seems fine.
Though I highly suspected that the charging station is to blame, before pointing any fingers, does any one what is the cost to replace a charge port?

Many thanks and pardon my english.

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I'm a 2017 Tesla Model X owner in China.

So today I charged my Tesla using a third-party AC charging station for about eight hours. ( Some backgrounds, in china Tesla has two sockets in charge port, one for AC and another for DC(as used in supercharger)). When I unplugged the cable, I noticed that due to overheating the plactic around AC socket was melted but lucky enough the car seems fine.
Though I highly suspected that the charging station is to blame, before pointing any fingers, does any one what is the cost to replace a charge port?

Many thanks and pardon my english.

Should be free under warranty.