Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace Sunroof with solid glass?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the sunroof with solid glass? My roof keeps leaking and I'm not about to pay $4000 to get it replaced just to have it leak again. I'm about to the point of disabling it and sealing it shut! I thought I had it figured out, just don't have the car facing downhill. Last night blew that idea.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the sunroof with solid glass? My roof keeps leaking and I'm not about to pay $4000 to get it replaced just to have it leak again. I'm about to the point of disabling it and sealing it shut! I thought I had it figured out, just don't have the car facing downhill. Last night blew that idea.
Did you also checked and cleaned all 4 drain holes? If one is blocked then you will have leaking issues.

Reactions: shthpnz and rickyjb
I thought there were two drain holes so the answer would be, no I haven’t done that. Where are the other two holes?
Yes, the two drain holes in the front are visible but the other 2 are very well hidden and not visible without removing some parts.

The top side of the rear drain holes are reachable when lowering the headliner near the C pillar:

Screenshot_20211105-161040_YouTube.jpg

You can also try removing the inner rear wheel fender. Outlet will then be visible and maybe you can use something with vacuum:

20211101_102235.jpg

Good luck.

Reactions: shthpnz and rickyjb
Ok both of the rear drains were stopped up. Got them cleared and then pulled down the headliner. All four drains were loose and one of them just fell off when I lowered the headliner. Cleaned everything and put a little silicon on the drains before sliding the hoses back on. The silicon is more for securing the lines than preventing them from leaking, although it will help with that too. Letting them set up over night and going to do some testing tomorrow. Hopefully the leaks are fixed so I can put the interior back together.

Testing went well today! Looks like the leaks just might be fixed! Gtech, those pictures were very helpful. I had a hard time finding information on fixes for these roof leaks. I took a few pictures and I think I'm going to post a separate thread about how I fixed my problem. Maybe someone down the line will find it helpful.

Thanks Gtech, for pointing out the rear drain holes. I was in need for that. I used a water vacuüm and a flexible tube of 7.8mm diameter to clean up the drain. To get result you have to stick the tube into de drain hole, easy on de front side, a little difficult on the rear. All done in about 15 minutes. For me there was no need to remove any parts.
8mmtube.png

Reactions: Gtech