TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Replace tires only, or spring for arachnids?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WISluggo, Aug 27, 2018.

1. WISluggo

WISluggo Member

With me needing new summer tires, and a set of TPMS for my winter wheels, I was seriously giving thought to just springing for a new set of arachnids (with the wheels, tires, and TPMS) and then taking my current set of sensors and adding them to my winter wheels.

My only reason for considering this would be my current 21" turbines are going to need a bit of refurb to fix the rash and I am not sure if that is money well spent given the current cheapness of both the arachnids and the turbines.

What do you think?

2. glide

glide Member

I would (and did) get the Arachnids.

They are lighter and stronger than the turbines. Ditch those and use the arachnids in the summer and 19’s in the winter if applicable.

3. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

I'm only 1 referral away from the Arachnid's. Would be willing to sell if I was able to secure that one more referral.