Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace windshield BEFORE delivery...any concerns?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
want to get the group thoughts on this:

We went to our delivery appointment and spent one hour going through the checklist. Only some very minor alignment issues. However, there was a scratch on the windshield towards the bottom where meets the front hood ( not visible while driving). The delivery center is very professional and offered to replace it with a new Tesla windsheild at the service center. No pressure to deliver right there. They offered me to take delivery in two days after it is all replaced.

I am wondering if anyone else had same replacement done, any concerns? For example, they might have a new version of windsheild etc? My vin is in the 65xxxx.

Thank you!

Too bad you cant have them give you an IOU for a windshield. Then you could come back and have it replaced for free if/when it ever gets damaged.

But on topic, I don't see any reason not to let them replace the windshield. If it were to be damaged 1,000 miles down the road, you would have them replace it then.

want to get the group thoughts on this:

We went to our delivery appointment and spent one hour going through the checklist. Only some very minor alignment issues. However, there was a scratch on the windshield towards the bottom where meets the front hood ( not visible while driving). The delivery center is very professional and offered to replace it with a new Tesla windsheild at the service center. No pressure to deliver right there. They offered me to take delivery in two days after it is all replaced.

I am wondering if anyone else had same replacement done, any concerns? For example, they might have a new version of windsheild etc? My vin is in the 65xxxx.

Thank you!

They replaced mine 24 hours after delivery there was a finger print in the glass at eye level. I have had no problems since the replacement 4 months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: imola.zhp