Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replaced Camera Now Things Don't Work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the interior camera replaced, and from that moment things have gone from bad to worse. First, TACC and AP were not available. The info display had a static image of my car (looking at the left front of the car) and there were no visualizations of traffic, roads, etc. In reverse the screen would not show the backup camera view about half the time (black screen). Pressing the icon to show a rear view would either show just the rear view and no pillar views, or would show the pillar views with no backup camera view. Rain sensing wipers would not sense rain. And now the info view of my car will sometimes show a rear view of the car and the headlights would come on (broad daylight). Camera calibration will never finish calibration. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but if I set the headlights to OFF, the next time I drive it reverts to AUTO. The way things are going I'm afraid the next failure will be something critical. Wife says it's because I named the car "Christine". Ha.

I think I may be looking at a main computer replacement.

New camera didn’t fix it so the next fix for computer is reasonable.
The purpose of the new camera was to address the issue of being falsly accused of not paying attention when my eyes are on the road. Was doing that several times on every drive. I never had much faith that replacing the camera would do anything about that but that's what Tesla service suggested. These new problems appeared when the new camera was installed. And since I can't activate AP I can't see if the new camera has cured the eye tracking problem.

The purpose of the new camera was to address the issue of being falsly accused of not paying attention when my eyes are on the road. Was doing that several times on every drive. I never had much faith that replacing the camera would do anything about that but that's what Tesla service suggested. These new problems appeared when the new camera was installed. And since I can't activate AP I can't see if the new camera has cured the eye tracking problem.

Or may be a less technical approach?!

417jjORn2BL._AC_SY580_DpWeblab_.jpg