TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Replaced my yacht floor with carpet

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Muzzman1, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

I recently picked up an new 85D to replace my classic S85. It has the yacht floor that I'm actually not a fan of. I called my local service center and they had the replacement carpet insert. So, out went the yacht floor and, in went the carpet.
    Love it. So much more deep space.

The insert was $33. For me. A no brainer.

2. green1

green1 Active Member

My car has the carpet, I've tried to explain to people what the yacht floor would be, and nobody I have described it to has ever thought it would be better that way.

3. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

didn't like the bowling alley?...lol

(I actually like how it looks, except for the fact that everything sloshes around)

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

As I am reminded every time I get in a loaner, you lose a good bit of under cubby storage with the yacht floor and my Diono Travel Pal doesn't fit nearly as nicely while the yacht floor is there. I agree that the carpet just works better.

5. liuping

liuping Active Member

I have carpet on my first Model S and covered it with a Tesla console.

My new Model S came with the Yacht floor (Obeche Gloss) and I like it much better than carpet. The raised rubber stripes keep thins from sliding around, and I think it looks nicer than the carpet. I'll probably even skip the center console this time.

6. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member