Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement 2013 Model S nosecone not staying in place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but after a pretty extensive search I havent been able to find an suitable answers. While driving on the freeway a large chunk of snow/ice came out of a semi truck's wheel well and struck the from of my car completely dislodging the nose cone. I ordered a replacement one from Tesla and based on install videos it should essentially just "snap" into place. However, whenever I try to install mine, the top points dont seem to "hold" and the top portion falls open. The bottom is quite secure.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Am I doing something wrong? The frunk does not seem to be in the way at all, although I have tried installing the nosecone with the frunk both open and closed.

Thanks

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 67
I ordered a replacement one from Tesla and based on install videos it should essentially just "snap" into place. However, whenever I try to install mine, the top points dont seem to "hold" and the top portion falls open. The bottom is quite secure.

There should be 7 metal clips around the edge of the nosecone, which mate to the slots in the chrome oval nosecone surround. Is it possible that some of the clips on the top are missing?