Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Dash Trim to cover the wood - some pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
So back when I was expecting a black interior I knew I didn't want the wood trim showing, so I jumped in with these in black carbon fibre (not real CF) Carbon Fiber Style Central Control Dashboard Panel Trim Cover For Tesla Model 3 | eBay for £25.

Note the beautiful yellow colour if that's your bag!!

They took 4-5 weeks to arrive and as I've got them I thought I'd take some pics to see what they'd have looked like (I've got white interior so no wood to deal with and I like the white dash trim).

In case anyones interested they're pristine, have 3m sticky on the back and seem to fit well from the quick check I did offering one up to the dash. They're in two sections and the join would be behind the screen well out of sight.

Message me direct if you wanted them but the purpose of the post really is just to show what they look like in case anyone wonders what £25 get you vs £500 odd for the proper carbon fibre options!!

Attachments

• trim 3864.JPG
    trim 3864.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 1,343
  • trim IMG_7258.JPG
    trim IMG_7258.JPG
    541.9 KB · Views: 1,270
  • trim.JPG
    trim.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 1,267
Reactions: Roy W.
I've got the same and they're brilliant. However, word of warning, I got jiffed for import duty twice! First for the centre console and secondly for the dash trim. Hopefully, anyone else is luckier but the items value was clearly and accurately marked on the packet so picked up. The handling fee is bonkers and a bit of a sting in the tail as it adds 50% to the cost of the item. However, it still cheap for the effect of achieves!

Attachments

• 20200515_200917.jpg
    20200515_200917.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 20200515_200750.jpg
    20200515_200750.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 889
  • 20200423_172645.jpg
    20200423_172645.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 952
My wife had an £11.04 charge added by them. £8 handling, £3.04 VAT. That worked out at a conveniently priced item cost of £15.20 ex VAT, 20p above the cutoff point. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see what it was declared at.

Wow, that looks great and exactly what I’ve been waiting for!! Would you mind me asking the cost of this? Is it a DIY fit? Thanks, Mark.
Hi Mark it was on Facebook a guy called Dave Jones, I think he does a fitting service if your close to him, sorry not too sure where in England he’s based.
The cost was £400 which includes a £200 deposit for a new dash part which is refunded when he receives your old Woden dash.
It is a very easy DIY job I did mine myself as I’m about as far away from him as is possible and still be in the UK.
There are videos on YouTube for dash removal and fitting.

Reactions: mrkwats
Hi all,
So back when I was expecting a black interior I knew I didn't want the wood trim showing, so I jumped in with these in black carbon fibre (not real CF) Carbon Fiber Style Central Control Dashboard Panel Trim Cover For Tesla Model 3 | eBay for £25.

Note the beautiful yellow colour if that's your bag!!

They took 4-5 weeks to arrive and as I've got them I thought I'd take some pics to see what they'd have looked like (I've got white interior so no wood to deal with and I like the white dash trim).

In case anyones interested they're pristine, have 3m sticky on the back and seem to fit well from the quick check I did offering one up to the dash. They're in two sections and the join would be behind the screen well out of sight.

Message me direct if you wanted them but the purpose of the post really is just to show what they look like in case anyone wonders what £25 get you vs £500 odd for the proper carbon fibre options!!
Just to say my trim bits have sold. The buyer will be along with pics once received :)

Reactions: *Adam
Received my Alcantra dash replacement from Dave Jones at DAJ Automotive DAJ AUTOMOTIVE. Fantastic service ordered one day delivered the next. 5 minute job and done. Really finishes off the interior nicely

Attachments

• 4D746FE5-26DF-45EF-8ABF-87D0104365CB.jpeg
    4D746FE5-26DF-45EF-8ABF-87D0104365CB.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 934
  • DDB3FA8B-BBD1-49F0-A17B-C52159269285.jpeg
    DDB3FA8B-BBD1-49F0-A17B-C52159269285.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 868
  • 52199CC7-868E-48B1-832A-169A2C4CBD9A.jpeg
    52199CC7-868E-48B1-832A-169A2C4CBD9A.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 1,080
Received my Alcantra dash replacement from Dave Jones at DAJ Automotive DAJ AUTOMOTIVE. Fantastic service ordered one day delivered the next. 5 minute job and done. Really finishes off the interior nicely
Mind detailing the process/price for us?

I've got an alcantara set on order from China but think its got lost in the post so might end up removing my dash with a UK vendor.

Reactions: JohnA16
Good to see some good options out there. The wood dash is the one thing I hate about the 3 and Y, and whilst I have a reservation for a truck I suspect I’ll end up replacing my X with a Y and hoped the options would change by then or we’d have a sweet after market option like these.

I know it’s for simplicity but the carbon fiber panel in my X is lovely I don’t know why they don’t offer it on more models

Reactions: JohnA16
Mind detailing the process/price for us?

I've got an alcantara set on order from China but think its got lost in the post so might end up removing my dash with a UK vendor.
just click the link to the website gives you all the price options there. Part came well packaged the day after I ordered it and my original packed up in same box to go back to Dave (you can either buy the new alcantra and choose to keep the old wood part or send it back to Dave and get a refund)

it literally took me longer to unpack the part than it did to install. 2 clips and 2 panel parts either end and once removed whole dash just pops out. Then do the reverse to install the new one. Some good videos out there to show how easy it is.

Reactions: Medved_77
just click the link to the website gives you all the price options there. Part came well packaged the day after I ordered it and my original packed up in same box to go back to Dave (you can either buy the new alcantra and choose to keep the old wood part or send it back to Dave and get a refund)

it literally took me longer to unpack the part than it did to install. 2 clips and 2 panel parts either end and once removed whole dash just pops out. Then do the reverse to install the new one. Some good videos out there to show how easy it is.
Decided to purchase this shortly as my China based bargain failed to materialise.

How's the dash trim holding up after a couple of months? Does it still look good, adhesive still holding, easy to clean?