Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement T emblems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting my new MY PPF'd next week and the detailer mentioned it is unlikely the T symbols will be able to go back on the car. What have others done to put a new emblem in place?

I would prefer black rather than chrome to match the rest of the trim.

I ordered a set from Colberns in Santa Barbara.

Model Y “satin black” Oem front and rear

You might want to email them first to see expected wait times...apparently they have a batch coming in, but they are mostly spoken for.
Well they still think the "T" has pins hope the set you're getting has no pins.

"This is the front and rear kits due the model y having pin holes in then drunk and rear hatch."

early ones did but now they dont have them
Just picked mine up after XPel front wrap. (Shout our to Koosha at Pinnacle). I asked him to leave the T off. Did the same on our 3. I like the clean look. Probably not the best pic to show that off.

Attachments

• 5ECB60DD-5B4D-497B-BA23-58FB386FA76A.jpeg
    5ECB60DD-5B4D-497B-BA23-58FB386FA76A.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 420
Just picked mine up after XPel front wrap. (Shout our to Koosha at Pinnacle). I asked him to leave the T off. Did the same on our 3. I like the clean look. Probably not the best pic to show that off.
Same. Left mine off my 3. My Y is really early so it had holes. (01/20 production vin 000115) sadly. The clean look is where it’s at.

Well they still think the "T" has pins hope the set you're getting has no pins.

"This is the front and rear kits due the model y having pin holes in then drunk and rear hatch."

The Tesla parts catalog only lists one part # for the emblems. That leads me to believe that either:

- They don’t come with pins anymore (since that would work with both styles) or,
- They come with pins still, and you just cut them off if you have a later VIN.

Either way they’ll work just fine.

Hi All -

(First post here!)

I was looking to add some color to my MSM and had someone 'wrap' my emblems yesterday to match my license plate (green). The wrap installer noticed that I had an old(er) Tesla logo on the front of my '21 Y - apparently the PPF installer put an older T emblem back on the front of the vehicle after PPF. Being new to Tesla I remember thinking it looked different, but couldn't put my finger on it. After looking back through some cell phone pics I see what the original looked like and the differences between the emblems - now I can't UNSEE IT o_O

I'm a little annoyed because the PPF installer didn't tell me 1) he would have to remove it (duh! I should have known) and 2) I'm assuming he broke or messed up the front during removal. Had he told me, I probably wouldn't have cared too much and opted for leaving it off versus one that doesn't match.

So I see two options:
1- Remove the emblem completely (I almost went this route after PPF anyways because I liked the 'clean' look)
2- Replace the emblem with the newer type to match the back and get it re-wrapped.

Sorry, long winded.. now my questions...
1- How safe is it to remove the emblem now that it is installed on top of the PPF - I'm assuming this complicates things...
2- Are there any other sources for replacement emblems? Any place we KNOW has the newer type? It's hard to tell from the pics on Colberns whether they are the new or old style.

Thanks!

Hi All -

(First post here!)

I was looking to add some color to my MSM and had someone 'wrap' my emblems yesterday to match my license plate (green). The wrap installer noticed that I had an old(er) Tesla logo on the front of my '21 Y - apparently the PPF installer put an older T emblem back on the front of the vehicle after PPF. Being new to Tesla I remember thinking it looked different, but couldn't put my finger on it. After looking back through some cell phone pics I see what the original looked like and the differences between the emblems - now I can't UNSEE IT o_O

I'm a little annoyed because the PPF installer didn't tell me 1) he would have to remove it (duh! I should have known) and 2) I'm assuming he broke or messed up the front during removal. Had he told me, I probably wouldn't have cared too much and opted for leaving it off versus one that doesn't match.

So I see two options:
1- Remove the emblem completely (I almost went this route after PPF anyways because I liked the 'clean' look)
2- Replace the emblem with the newer type to match the back and get it re-wrapped.

Sorry, long winded.. now my questions...
1- How safe is it to remove the emblem now that it is installed on top of the PPF - I'm assuming this complicates things...
2- Are there any other sources for replacement emblems? Any place we KNOW has the newer type? It's hard to tell from the pics on Colberns whether they are the new or old style.

Thanks!

Can you share what the old logo looks like? removing emblem from PPF isn't an issue. I would wait till the PPF is fully cured. You do it with floss so it doesnt place much pressure on the PPF - non issue. Either option 1 or 2 is good go with what you prefer.

I like no emblem on front, with emblem on back, but my wife likes emblems so I have to put them back. My PPF installer talked me into going badge less. I scheduled a service tech for homeland this Thursday and added emblem replacement to the service order.

You can get replacement OEM badges direct from Tesla - visit the Service Center to make sure the correct part numbers are ordered - front and back are different. It appears that Colberns has "no" style for the Model Y. In fact many aftermarket parts suppliers are complying with Tesla's order to stop selling Tesla "stuff".

I knew as soon as I posted that someone would ask for a comparison - threw this together quickly.

Left is replacement front - right is my steering wheel (closest in size for comparison).
Biggest difference is obviously the space between the two parts of the emblem:
p2603600717-3.jpg

Also, color looks closer (emblem/plate) in better light.
p2603600727-3.jpg

PS - do noobs not get signatures or am I just missing where to add/change that?