Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good at what, specifically?

Every thing is a tradeoff.... do you want it to handle better, stop shorter, last longer, not reduce your mileage? You can't have ALL of those but 2 or 3 would certainly be possible. Your profile says you live someplace with real winters- do you want one set to run all year? If so do you need to drive in legit heavy snow or not? If you're willing to run 2 sets for winter/summer the answers change again.

Reactions: afadeev
You did better than Stephen King! ;)

Capture.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: InfinitySky
Good at what, specifically?

Every thing is a tradeoff.... do you want it to handle better, stop shorter, last longer, not reduce your mileage? You can't have ALL of those but 2 or 3 would certainly be possible. Your profile says you live someplace with real winters- do you want one set to run all year? If so do you need to drive in legit heavy snow or not? If you're willing to run 2 sets for winter/summer the answers change again.
Looking for good all season
Live in Connecticut travel to Vermont a lot if it’s going to snow I will take a different vehicle just need something if I get caught in the snow all other vehicles have snows

Note that chart is a bit out of date now- 2 prime examples are the Cross Climate+ is being replaced with the Cross Climate 2, and the Pilot Sport A/S3+ by the 4- both of which should be improvements to already excellent tires... (and likely others I'm unaware of)

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
Looking for good all season
Live in Connecticut travel to Vermont a lot if it’s going to snow I will take a different vehicle just need something if I get caught in the snow all other vehicles have snows

I'd suggest the cross climate 2 then... it's competent in snow and offers very good performance all year- plus a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty.

(the Pilot Sport A/S 4 would be my recommendation if you wanted a little better rest-of-the-year but probably shouldn't be used beyond light snow- these are what I replaced my OEM tires with since living in NC if we ever get more than light snow everything's closed anyway so nothing to drive to)

Agree with remarks about efficiency. I think it would be a great metric to know cost/mile, taking into account durability of the tire, rolling resistance and cost of the tire itself. And icing on the cake would be factoring in warranty considerations. I bet many people will use this as a metric to decide what to buy.