Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing 2020 CR-V with 2022 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we are about to replace our newish 2020 CR-V with 2022 Model Y 7 seater (currently ordered and delivery estimated August), but looking closer, I found that MY is actually smaller in every dimension compared to CR-V ... so what makes MY a good family car (other than awesome tech, performance and being electric) compared to one of the best selling CUVs on the market, if you put some obvious factors aside (BEV vs ICE)?

Why am I asking this, well, I'm just trying to see if I'm not making more sacrifice for that BEV factor by giving up my perfectly fine, newish (only 3000 miles) Honda for something smaller and less family oriented... please, bare with me and don't judge lol

I'm willing to replace my MY order with MX, but delivery is next February...

See dimension numbers below

TESLA MODEL Y
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 1.35.04 PM.png

HONDA CR-V

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 1.35.52 PM.png

TESLA MODEL Y
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 1.34.59 PM.png

HONDA CR-V
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 1.35.57 PM.png

Have you done a test drive in a Model Y ? Or at least sat in one somewhere?
yes, but only few minutes, didn't look too spacious, but compared to Model 3 of course it was bigger.
I had a late model CRV. I now have a 2022 Model Y. I find the Model Y to feel more spacious than the CRV. With the frunk and the under floor rear storage it actually holds more than the CRV.
Thanks, I just recently sold my minivan, but of course nothing can beat Minivan space and storage space, but we also want to sell our CR-V, due to 70 mile commute we need to do soon, so EV makes sense, just didn't want to pay 3 times more for a smaller EV lol

We had a leased 2018 CRV Limited and replaced it with the 21 MY LR. My wife is still rather upset and
reminds me every day about how much better the CRV rode and much better in snow and had Sirius radio.
I'm all about the Y being electric but what else is there?

We had a leased 2018 CRV Limited and replaced it with the 21 MY LR. My wife is still rather upset and
reminds me every day about how much better the CRV rode and much better in snow and had Sirius radio.
I'm all about the Y being electric but what else is there?
Better:
- never pump gas
- never get an oil change
- cheaper to operate
- acceleration and speed
- glass roof
- rear seat legroom
- style factor

Worse:
- ride quality
- range, esp. cold weather or towing
- paint quality