Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing 2022 Performance uberturbine wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

StephanB

The usual suspect
Oct 28, 2019
NC
What is the weight, offset and bolt pattern I need to look for to replace the wheels that will come on my 2022 Performance?
I'm not a fan of the uberturbine look and am looking for alternatives. However, I've never actually replaced wheels before so I want to make sure I get something that fits.

They don't even have to be 20". I know the larger wheel takes a toll on range. I do prefer the black/dark look.

Any favorites? Post the links and/or pics!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
What is the weight, offset and bolt pattern I need to look for to replace the wheels that will come on my 2022 Performance?
I'm not a fan of the uberturbine look and am looking for alternatives. However, I've never actually replaced wheels before so I want to make sure I get something that fits.

Here's a link for reference that might help.

You could also inquire from others in this thread:

Here's a link for reference that might help.

You could also inquire from others in this thread:

Perfect on both. Thank you!

A

They don't even have to be 20". I know the larger wheel takes a toll on range. I do prefer the black/dark look.

Are you just replacing them for aesthetic reasons?

I replaced my 20” UberHeavy wheels and Pirelli PZ4 tires with 18” T Sportline TS5 wheels and 235/45/18 Michelin PS4S tires.

I gained over an inch of sidewall and retained essentially the same tire outer diameter. That is perfect for pothole and road hazard protection.

I gained about 10% efficiency using the narrower tread width as well.

The 20” UberHeavy wheels and tires weighed 56 lbs and the new wheels and tires weigh 45.8 lbs. That helped my 0-60 mph through 1/4 mile times by at least .08 seconds.

I really recommend the T Sportline wheels because they are guaranteed to fit any of the Tesla vehicles they are designated for. They are a little more expensive but they fit exactly like the stock wheels without any spacers or adjustments.

Some people don’t like the 18” look on a Model 3 so 19” wheels might be a better option if that is the case for you.

638A5E5B-51C8-4C9B-B691-6E4096472A9B.jpeg

DC146A2A-E3A0-45BB-81EA-6A2602036362.jpeg

A

Are you just replacing them for aesthetic reasons?

I replaced my 20” UberHeavy wheels and Pirelli PZ4 tires with 18” T Sportline TS5 wheels and 235/45/18 Michelin PS4S tires.

I gained over an inch of sidewall and retained essentially the same tire outer diameter. That is perfect for pothole and road hazard protection.

I gained about 10% efficiency using the narrower tread width as well.

The 20” UberHeavy wheels and tires weighed 56 lbs and the new wheels and tires weigh 45.8 lbs. That helped my 0-60 mph through 1/4 mile times by at least .08 seconds.

I really recommend the T Sportline wheels because they are guaranteed to fit any of the Tesla vehicles they are designated for. They are a little more expensive but they fit exactly like the stock wheels without any spacers or adjustments.

Some people don’t like the 18” look on a Model 3 so 19” wheels might be a better option if that is the case for you.

View attachment 836643
View attachment 836644
It's mainly because I'm not sure about the looks. But ride quality (more rubber) and energy use (less weight) both play into it.
I've driven my 2020 Performance for 2 years now, and it could be a little less stiff. That said, I did read somewhere that the current Performance 3s aren't as low as they used to. Perhaps the increased suspension hight helps with ride quality too.

How about the version 1 20” performance rims in carbon colour? I have them on my 22’ LR and I love it! Lighter than the Ubers and frankly way sportier :) I had the calipers painted gloss l black also with pewter decals … blacked out.

FFEB2E30-204B-4DE4-BF2F-85A98BFA1B96.jpeg
26258EA8-3ECD-47B1-99FE-61FB0AA6F83C.jpeg
F7346503-A87D-42AE-8975-B18469F39BA1.jpeg

How about the version 1 20” performance in carbon colour? I have them on my 22’ LR and I love it! Lighter than the Ubers and frankly way sportier :) I had the calipers painted gloss l black also with pewter decals … blacked out.

View attachment 836652View attachment 836653
Those are the rims I have on my 2020 Performance. I like them a lot. They're also easy to fix. I wonder how much Carvana will reduce my offer by if I decide to keep the wheels lol. They do have practically brand new tires on them too 😞

Reactions: Destiny1701
Those are the rims I have on my 2020 Performance. I like them a lot. They're also easy to fix. I wonder how much Carvana will reduce my offer by if I decide to keep the wheels lol. They do have practically brand new tires on them too 😞
Carvana probably doesn’t care at all what wheels are on it. As long as the wheels are appropriate dimensions with minimal blemishes they probably won’t notice at all. They typically care most about tread depth on the tires. Tires matter a lot to them if they have to replace them.

Reactions: Destiny1701