Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing after market tint on a Model S affecting rear defroster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 5 month old Model S that i recently got tinted. I had ask for a 50% ceramic and after a lot of convincing by the tint installer, ended up going with 35%. After seeing the car with 35% I immediately told them it was too dark and made an appointment to have them take it off and replace it with my original 50%. This appointment is coming up soon but they warned me there is a chance that removing the tint will remove the defroster lines in the rear hatch.

Has anyone had experience with this happening? If so, I may just bite the bullet and keep my darker tint. I essentially only care about the tint for heat and UV rejecting so 50% is perfect for me (just a tiny bit of reflection and darkening of windows).

tl;dr - does removing tint from a tesla remove the defroster lines in the model s rear hatch?

Done properly removing the tint will cause no problem ( old degraded tint and tint that is peeling at the edges has to removed all the time to be replaced; my tint has a lifetime warranty and several windows have had the tint replaced ) - you might get a second opinion from another installer.