Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing cabin air filter and cleaning evaporator fins in 2021-2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 21 Plaid has of course the same issue. The smell goes away after about a minute. I removed the HEPA and it didn't smell to bad but soaked it with a vinegar/water mix and its now sitting in the sun. When it's dry, I'll spray some Lysol to get rid of the vinegar smell ha! Looks like I will be doing the shower dam as well. I just ordered the sock from Filter Wears. By the way, I found a 10% off code for them, its "bimmerpost10". Hey, 10% is better than nothing heh.

My car will be at Tesla on the 22nd for a parking sensor replacement. I just sent them a message about a possible replacement under warranty. I'm not expecting a "sure thing" but it's worth a shot. I will report back.

Thanks, didn't put "tesla" after it. Obvously been on it before just looks like everything is for 2020 or older even though it says for 21+. Thanks for the explanation.
No no, the 2021+ has its own sub site. Should show up in the drop down. Yes the images look like it’s for the older one, but don’t let that distract

So thanks for this thread.

Never had the stink in my 2017 MS, but the wife's M3, oh yea.

Anyhow on my new MSP I have installed the sock. The vehicle may have been exposed to rain or snow during transport, and to water as the car was cleaned by Tesla and PPF installer.

Here is to hoping this solution prevents Musk's revenge.

Lastly, for service appontments for non-hvac reasons, are people removing the sock to prevent warranty incidents?

So thanks for this thread.

Never had the stink in my 2017 MS, but the wife's M3, oh yea.

Anyhow on my new MSP I have installed the sock. The vehicle may have been exposed to rain or snow during transport, and to water as the car was cleaned by Tesla and PPF installer.

Here is to hoping this solution prevents Musk's revenge.

Lastly, for service appontments for non-hvac reasons, are people removing the sock to prevent warranty incidents?
I kept my sock on for when the car was in for another reason and they didn’t seem to care

Reactions: calm-one