TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Replacing center console slider with a wood finished slider from Model X

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Vortexx, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Vortexx

Vortexx Member

I am a delighted new owner of a Model S P100D. I really like the look of the center console slider in the Model X, that matches the rest of the trim, compared to the Model S slider that is simply black. Does anyone know if the Model X uses the exact same part of the S (except the finish of course). If so, would a part like that be easily ordered? Has anyone done this?

• Helpful x 2
  2. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Have you asked Tesla? Seems like the most likely way to get useful information...

4. Vortexx

Vortexx Member

Yes, I spoke with my service advisor, and he said that he thought I would have to order the whole console, which seems silly. I asked him what would happen if someone working on the car scratched the wood slider on a model X. He still thought they would order a whole console, but he didn't say it convincingly, so I don't think he really knows.

5. JohnnyLounge21

May I bring this back to life? I'd like to do this exact same thing as I have access to another Model S slider (with the wood finish) and I'd like to just replace the slider on the center console. Replacing the whole thing is ludicrous.

Any help would be much much appreciated on this!

6. JohnnyLounge21

And if anyone is handy and thinks they can talk me through how to replace/swap out just the slider, that would be amazing!

7. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

They recently change the centre console such hat the slider match the trim. My s100d delivered 1 week ago has a carbon fiber finish there. I am sure service department would have some replacement part.

• Love x 1