Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing drivers seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Wanting to hear from someone who has had the drivers seat replaced under warranty. I have been waiting for 6 months to have my drivers seat replaced in my P85+ - the seat is black with red linings. My local Tesla service center cannot give me any predection on when they can replace it since its "a seat they dont make anymore". Something is broken in the lumbar area.

Seriously, 6 months and still waiting? Just wondering how long time it took for other Tesla owners having the same issue..

Hi

Wanting to hear from someone who has had the drivers seat replaced under warranty. I have been waiting for 6 months to have my drivers seat replaced in my P85+ - the seat is black with red linings. My local Tesla service center cannot give me any predection on when they can replace it since its "a seat they dont make anymore". Something is broken in the lumbar area.

Seriously, 6 months and still waiting? Just wondering how long time it took for other Tesla owners having the same issue..

I had my passenger seat replaced, but my buddy had his drivers seat replaced. Both of us waited around good 3 months after notifying the service center.

I had the drivers seat replaced due to something inside of the seat poking me in the back. The problem started within a few days of taking delivery. Once I showed it to the Service ranger ( we don't have a service center here yet) He ordered a new seat, and about 3 months later he got it, took him about 45 min to swap the seats out in my garage. It's been fine ever since. We've had the car about 2 1/2 years.

they probably have to make the seat from scratch and who knows where it comes from so i wouldnt be surprised for the long wait. unless they can source it from somewhere that still has inventory but i doubt it. they probably stopping making these seats about 3 years ago

This probably won't help you, but I just had my drivers seat bottom replaced from my March 2017 delivery. It was due to excessive creasing and chipping of the outer coat on the tan leather. It took about 4 weeks from the time I reported it until the replacement came in to be installed in under 45 minutes. It was just the seat bottom and not the back.

This probably won't help you, but I just had my drivers seat bottom replaced from my March 2017 delivery. It was due to excessive creasing and chipping of the outer coat on the tan leather. It took about 4 weeks from the time I reported it until the replacement came in to be installed in under 45 minutes. It was just the seat bottom and not the back.
Good info to know!

Hi

Sorry to hear, I hope it gets resolved soon.

My driver's seat bottom, Model S, 2017, was very uncomfortable and made my legs ache if I drove more than 1 hr. I took it into the service center and they said they couldn't do anything. It just so happened that the Service Manager was walking by and heard the discussion. He told the techs to replace the entire seat. Several day later Mobile Service came to my house and replaced the seat. The new one was exactly the same as the one I had , painful. SIGH!