Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing HV Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car is rooted you should be able to do it & if not 3rd party shops can do it
Hi, I own a 2012 Model S Signature P85 and having the same issue with the battery as you did, it failed at needs to be replaced. I wonder if you could share with me how to redeploy the software. I have a module that allows me to switch the car to Dev or Factory mode / redeploy the existing version of the software. Do you think this is all that is required to do the swap? Thanks

Hi, I own a 2012 Model S Signature P85 and having the same issue with the battery as you did, it failed at needs to be replaced. I wonder if you could share with me how to redeploy the software. I have a module that allows me to switch the car to Dev or Factory mode / redeploy the existing version of the software. Do you think this is all that is required to do the swap? Thanks
If both batteries or the same revision I think redeploying the software should work if not it might need a config change.

I didn't remember where it is but you should be having the option to redeploy firmware in one of the screens if you are in Dev Mode

If both batteries or the same revision I think redeploying the software should work if not it might need a config change.

I didn't remember where it is but you should be having the option to redeploy firmware in one of the screens if you are in Dev Mode
do you know if a config change is doable in Dev mode or requires additional equipment to be involved? Thanks

It doesn't appear difficult to change config at all, fakra cable to ethernet, connect to IC port, to enable MCU port, and commands to gateway, or something. But the command to enable the MCU port, and gateway config commands and procedures are kept under wraps by anyone that knows them, no one shares, so that you can mesaage them on here and pay them $75 or $150 or whatever, to remote into your computer that's connected and run the commands. Worst modding community ever :p

Reactions: goodbadboys9
I did the battery swap myself with my cousin helping me & one of my friends guided me in pairing the battery to the car.

Overall it is not a bad project as long as you have access to a lift or have multiple sets of jack stands.

Tesla SC uses specialized alignment rods to make sure the battery is aligned properly as I don't have access to them I used 12" screws from Homedepot to make sure the battery is aligned when installing the new pack

If you have any questions please feel free to IM me
I am going to try a battery swap myself as well! I found a company in Northern CA that is a tesla automotive dismantle company. They are called Doughnut auto parts. The people are great and helpfull. They have access to perform battery swaps. Now to start the process and check out the battery. I am not sure yet how to integrate the pack with the software. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Really cool thread! Congrats on coming out on top and not giving up @goodbadboys9! I just finished swapping 16 Gen 2 modules into a 2013 Model S P85. I need help with the firmware deploy and config portion.

Willing to pay for consult if that’s what it will take, I can’t DM but happy to work with someone who has the solution for me. @JeffreyHowell happy to share any insight, we can also go halfsies on a master tech 🤣

Really cool thread! Congrats on coming out on top and not giving up @goodbadboys9! I just finished swapping 16 Gen 2 modules into a 2013 Model S P85. I need help with the firmware deploy and config portion.

Willing to pay for consult if that’s what it will take, I can’t DM but happy to work with someone who has the solution for me. @JeffreyHowell happy to share any insight, we can also go halfsies on a master tech 🤣
LOL that is awesome! I know that @wk057 can help you with the firmware and config portion of your journey!

Reactions: iconic