Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing middle row, Model X 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heavy user here. 70,000 Miles in 25 months.

I've noticed that the middle row has become supremely uncomfortable for the occupants over time. I am seriously looking into getting them replaced with different seats. The issue was especially apparent when I compared them against a RAM 1500 truck I'd rented for a couple days.

I'm seriously considering swapping these seats out with a simpler bench setup from a third party. I don't even know if its possible but I'd like to know if people here have done something similar.

Do you currently have the mono post second row or the bench?

You can get the seats replaced (or redone/stuffed/padding changed), but, if you're trying to fit something in with a different footprint, it's going to require some modding... Can you do it - yes.. will it cause problems, probably (software upgrades might fail unless you reinstall the seat electronics modules to get updated).

@mjptech Do you know anyone who'd be ready to take a look?

It really would depend on which if those you're trying to do in terms of who to approach..

For changing or upgrading existing padding and whatnot, an upholsterer should be able to do that.

For swapping out, you might get away with a body shop.

But, for anything else, you're looking at a Tesla modder if you don't have the skills..

Not sure who is up in the Bay Area, but there are folks in the SoCal area that can handle it, at a cost...

If you're okay with the seating, but, it's just uncomfortable, then, make some calls to an upholsterer. You can get the seat pads changed up at the same time