Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Model S Fog Light.. Help!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You most likely have to remove the front bumper unless you've got some extra long skinny arms and fingers.
Even if you did you'd be doing the fog light replacement in the blind.

I'll be doing a fog light replacement in a few weeks and will put up instructions like the time i replaced my headlight bulb.
(How to Replace the Tesla Model S Headlight Bulb (Non-Tech Pkg) )
In that thread there is a pic showing some of the bolts near the fog light once the wheel well cover is removed. With the wheel off it might be possible to get to the fog light easier.

The biggest thing I've heard to be cautious about is to be delicate around the louvers.

Did you ever get around to doing the fog light replacement tutorial ?

which service center did you have this done at? I just checked with the SC near me and they said that it's not possible to add fog lights to a vehicle if you don't have the lighting package upgrade. the wiring isn't in place.

If the service vehicle made a blanket statement like that, they're wrong. I've got an early 2013 non-tech package car and fog light can definitely be added. I'm not sure how the newer cars are configured though. IIRC all new cars come w the tech packages included by default. What year is your car and what's its configuration?

Did you ever get around to doing the fog light replacement tutorial ?

Sadly no. Newborn baby and surprise house maintenance put this project on the back burner. I'm hoping to get back on this when it gets warmer next year. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to another forum member that posted a tutorial of the front bumper removal that should help people.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyhix
which service center did you have this done at? I just checked with the SC near me and they said that it's not possible to add fog lights to a vehicle if you don't have the lighting package upgrade. the wiring isn't in place.

i had it done at Buena Park Tesla. do note my model year is 2015. if yours is an older version then i can't say for sure.
but i don't think it make sense for them to make different wire harness for different configuration.

I still wonder why the Model S doesn't come standard with LED fog's a lot of manufactures are making that standard now!
its just ways for them to charge more money for an already expensive car. when i install the light it was as easy as plug in and play minus the firmware part. can't imaging fog light will cost them more them $60. but that's a $3k option you have to pay if you want the light.

its just ways for them to charge more money for an already expensive car. when i install the light it was as easy as plug in and play minus the firmware part. can't imaging fog light will cost them more them $60. but that's a $3k option you have to pay if you want the light.

3k that me and my wife have paid 3 times!:D But I know they are going to charger more but, its weird that a Dodge Charger SXT comes standard with LED Fog Lamps.

did you happen to get the part number of the fog light they installed? there are so many different part numbers for the fog lights sold on Ebay.

did some checking, the P/N i got should be 600591300F and 600591300B
i basically match the numbers for left and right and try to find latest production date on the sticker. one i got is 2015 and the other one is 2013 i believe. hope that helps.

3k that me and my wife have paid 3 times!:D But I know they are going to charger more but, its weird that a Dodge Charger SXT comes standard with LED Fog Lamps.

yeah.. i wish i did more research when i was configuring the car. i didn't know they would just put a ugly dummy light in place of it. if i knew i would pay that 3k and save the trouble. tuition paid i guess..lol

If the service vehicle made a blanket statement like that, they're wrong. I've got an early 2013 non-tech package car and fog light can definitely be added. I'm not sure how the newer cars are configured though. IIRC all new cars come w the tech packages included by default. What year is your car and what's its configuration?

Sadly no. Newborn baby and surprise house maintenance put this project on the back burner. I'm hoping to get back on this when it gets warmer next year. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to another forum member that posted a tutorial of the front bumper removal that should help people.

I understand , life gets crazy sometimes. I have a 2016 facelift model S 60 without premium upgrade .

I just ordered a set. Would you recommend taking the bumper off or taking the wheel off and go through the wheel well.
bumper has to come off. the screws are very hard to get to on the fog light. you will need to take whole bumper off. I had to cut one zip tie to get enough room to work so make sure you pick up some black zip tie too.
take your time and take picture along the way in case you forget where things go later on. good luck.

I understand , life gets crazy sometimes. I have a 2016 facelift model S 60 without premium upgrade .
oh... facelift model... not sure if that's any different from mine... but this is what I used as guide and it worked very well.
How To: Front Bumper and Headlight Removal

would love to see some pictures on your mod..
however, come to think about it, anyone knows if older fog light will work in the facelift model??

so strangest thing just happened. got OTA update couple days ago and last night when I was driving i suddenly realized my cornering light starts to work. apparently it's all in the software. all wiring is there. now i am a happy camper.

You've had other OTA updates since you installed the new fog lights right? This latest one just happened to make the cornering lights work?
I installed the fog/cornering lights on my 75D but my cornering lights still don't work.

Hi guys,

I’m thinking about doing the same. I have a 2016, non-tech package. I was searching on eBay and some of the part numbers I came across were

These are the two that was recommended and listed by brabusamg55:

These just say foglight on the barcode sticker:
600591300F
600591300B

I also found these part numbers. These say cornering on the barcode sticker:
102401600C
102401700C

Is it safe to say that they are all the same but just have differ part numbers due to year? Are they the same as long as there is a led DRL bar in the foglight?