Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing rear trunk lid wiring harness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I’m trying to replace the trunk wiring harness because of a stupid splice I’ve made. Does anyone have an idea where it’s connected to? I’m suspecting it’s underneath the metal plate on the roof of the trunk. Does anyone have a diagram? Thank you so much the help.

Attachments

• 6E556983-F09C-4682-A713-84D45CAE6D7A.jpeg
    6E556983-F09C-4682-A713-84D45CAE6D7A.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 5A528AEB-D595-4EE1-8206-91ACC4FF5F59.jpeg
    5A528AEB-D595-4EE1-8206-91ACC4FF5F59.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 685
Hello! I’m trying to replace the trunk wiring harness because of a stupid splice I’ve made. Does anyone have an idea where it’s connected to? I’m suspecting it’s underneath the metal plate on the roof of the trunk. Does anyone have a diagram? Thank you so much the help.
Sorry I dont have any real knowledge to share here.
Just a (possibly useless suggestion) have you thought about some heat shrink tubes?

Also would it have been better to use a crimp junction instead for a case like this?

Disclaimer: My electrical knowledge is rubbish and someone else might have better advice 😬

Upvote 0
  1. Remove the parcel shelf
  2. Remove the 2nd row lower seat cushion.
  3. Remove the LH 2nd row seat side bolster. See
  4. Remove the LH side rail trim.
  5. Remove the LH upper C-pillar trim.
  6. Remove the LH rear C-pillar trim.
  7. Remove the RH 2nd row seat side bolster.
  8. Remove the RH side rail trim.
  9. Remove the RH rear C-pillar trim.
  10. Release the clips that attach the package tray wiring harness to the C-pillar.
  11. Disconnect the package tray harness connector from the RH body electrical harness.
  12. Release the clip that attaches the speaker wiring harness to the tuner.
  13. Disconnect the speaker harness connector from the tuner.
  14. Release the clip that attaches the antenna amplifier wiring harness to the body.
  15. Disconnect the electrical connector from the antenna amplifier.
  16. Release the clips that attach the package tray trim to the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 1