Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Rearview Mirror?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone replaced the rearview mirror? Mine has always had the dimmer switch busted so at night the glare from headlights (especially the obnoxious idiots with their high beam on) makes it difficult.

I’ve seen some universal ones online that have auto dimming function, but not sure if they’d fit.

GRP has them in different shapes in CCCF. They look sharp! I think Gruber sales the OEM if tesla sc don’t have them.

GRP has them in different shapes in CCCF. They look sharp! I think Gruber sales the OEM if tesla sc don’t have them.

Is it an easy replacement?

Is it an easy replacement?
As long as it's the same plinth it should be pretty easy. Pulling it off it's a little bit firm but you need to pull back up towards the top of the windshield. Unfortunately GRP doesn't show the mounting plinth in the
page's pictures so you may need to ask him for one. For my 1.5 I needed to use the lotus Elise 2004-2006 style plinth.

• Informative
Reactions: eHorses
Just curious, how strong is that attachment to the windshield?

I was looking at replacing the stock mirror with one that's wider, and includes a small VGA screen on one end (backup camera or whatever). It's a lot heavier than the stock one, and I really don't want to crack the windshield.

I'm not entirely sure how strong the mirror plinth or the mounting glue is. I did beat on it quite a bit try to figure out how to remove the mirror and it seems to take the abuse quite well. Although, it is worthwhile being careful as that would be an expensive mistake.

Has anyone replaced the rearview mirror? Mine has always had the dimmer switch busted so at night the glare from headlights (especially the obnoxious idiots with their high beam on) makes it difficult.

I’ve seen some universal ones online that have auto dimming function, but not sure if they’d fit.
Can't believe I actually know the answer to this one. Roadster Mirror