Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing stock 21" with TSS 20"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I was hoping to get an advice on whether i should change the wheel size config for tsportsline TSS 20" for my Model Y.

I have a performance model Y with 21" stock wheels. Changing them to TSS 20". The total wheel diameter is 28.6" for the 21s and 28.7 for the 20s. Given that the total wheel diameter is almost the same between the two (28.6 vs 28.7), should I keep 21 in my tesla wheel config or change it to 20?

T-sportsline rep said i should have it at 20 BUT I think 21 is better since the total wheel size (wheel diameter vs rim size) did not change

Thanks,
Vlad-

Hi

I was hoping to get an advice on whether i should change the wheel size config for tsportsline TSS 20" for my Model Y.

I have a performance model Y with 21" stock wheels. Changing them to TSS 20". The total wheel diameter is 28.6" for the 21s and 28.7 for the 20s. Given that the total wheel diameter is almost the same between the two (28.6 vs 28.7), should I keep 21 in my tesla wheel config or change it to 20?

T-sportsline rep said i should have it at 20 BUT I think 21 is better since the total wheel size (wheel diameter vs rim size) did not change

Thanks,
Vlad-

The key factor is the tires. On 20” wheels you go from a 35 sidewall to a 40 sidewall which has a near identical circumference.

The difference of .1 is totally negligible. You will just have a smoother ride on 20s

You did not state what you are hoping to achieve with new 20" wheels and tires. Usually Performance Model Y owners change the OE 21" wheels for something else for improved efficiency, improved ride or better winter driving/off road capability.