Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Tesla tethered cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had experience of replacing the tethered cable on a Tesla charger? I have been unable to find a genuine replacement part (Tesla do not reply to my emails) but I have found third party ones. Has anyone done this? I would get an electrician to do but wondered if anyone had any hints and tips?

are you looking to replace the handle on a gen 1 or gen 2 UMC or a part from the HPWC? Pics are very helpful when talking to people on the internet to show whats broken.

Also you could prob buy a parts only item on ebay and use its good parts to replace your bad parts.

Is this for the mobile cable or wall connector cable? Looking at the Tesla parts catalog for both types shows the cable part on either unit is not for sale. Perhaps you can buy a broken unit (eBay?) and hope the cable is ok and can be transferred. Otherwise, you'll have to get a new unit.

Thank you all for your advice. It is a Generation 2 wall charger and Tesla have remotely diagnosed the cable as being the problem. But then I realised the whole thing was under warranty (which is 4 years) and they have agreed to send a new Generation 3 version.So I am now sorted - though left with a wall charger with a broken cable! Might put on eBay. Thanks again

Reactions: GazMav