Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing the cabin filter questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much will Tesla charge for a mobile service guy to do this?

I know it's easy... but damn, if it's like $75 to $80 or something it's hard to pass that up when it's already ~$35 for the filters from Tesla, another $40 to $50 to also get to chat to the mobile tech AND not have to lay on the ground while trying to remove trim? hmmmm

(I've already removed the trim to replace the lights with blue ones to match the blue Y... it's easy, but still a pain)

I think I saw in another thread a price of $150. I think that included the coil cleaning.

I've always changed my own cabin filters because the dealer charged so much. These will be more of a challenge than the 2-3 minute job on Toyotas and Subarus but I figured I'd give it a shot for $150. So my cost will be more like $50 as I bought the AC foam. Going on a trip next week so I"ll be looking forward to it in 2 weeks assuming the weather isn't so hot.

My Y is 2 years old on the original filters and just now starting to smell and was hoping to hold out until I trade it when my PMY arrives in 4 to 6 weeks, but noooo. So I scheduled the service via the app and to my surprise the Estimate came back as a GOODWILL SERVICE. Not gonna ask if that was an error, or maybe Tesla see’s I have a trade pending with them and would have to replace it anyway.

My Y is 2 years old on the original filters and just now starting to smell and was hoping to hold out until I trade it when my PMY arrives in 4 to 6 weeks, but noooo. So I scheduled the service via the app and to my surprise the Estimate came back as a GOODWILL SERVICE. Not gonna ask if that was an error, or maybe Tesla see’s I have a trade pending with them and would have to replace it anyway.
My GOODWILL SERVICE turned out to be $144. Did it myself for about $65. They told me it would only be covered for six months.