Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Replacing Tyre with different model/rating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume that the Hankook K117 and Evo 3 are different tyres? I think you will notice running different spec tyres and in some situations could be dangerous. If it was me I would certainly be looking to replace as a matched pair and keep them on the same axle. Assuming the flat cannot be repaired, I would ask to keep the good one and if it has good life still left in it, either keep as a spare or sell it on - tyres often come up for sale on here.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Don't tyres mix on the same axle.

Michelin pilot sport EV's or tesla specific pilot sport acoustic - you could also go e-primacy's

The "acoustic" bit adds nothing, except cost IMHO. I cannot tell the difference when I ran two non-acoustic on the front with acoustics on the rear. Then, after rotation, there was still no discernible difference except in my bank account.

I went with the e-Primacy as the Tesla Michelin sports where not available, no complaints so far.

If they get around to doing the new Michelin pilot EV sport in 18inch I might go with them next on the basis of their range improvement promises

I have a tyre issue right now and i currently have the Michelin 235/35 ZR20 92Y Extra load
PILOT SPORT 4S fitted.

Looking at the Pirelli PZero instead purely from a cost and efficiency point of view - its rated as A over the Michelin rated B.

Anyone use this tyre and could recommend?

I have a tyre issue right now and i currently have the Michelin 235/35 ZR20 92Y Extra load
PILOT SPORT 4S fitted.

Looking at the Pirelli PZero instead purely from a cost and efficiency point of view - its rated as A over the Michelin rated B.

Anyone use this tyre and could recommend?

Don't dismiss the PS4 without the acoustic foam. Much less expensive and not any noisier. And often more available.

I just ordered 2 pilot sport 4’s for the rear as they are shot (front have loads of tread). I hadn’t realised there are specific TO spec ones for Tesla’s. I had ordered ‘normal’ pilot sports but they called me to change them. Interesting.

Reactions: M3noob
I just ordered 2 pilot sport 4’s for the rear as they are shot (front have loads of tread). I hadn’t realised there are specific TO spec ones for Tesla’s. I had ordered ‘normal’ pilot sports but they called me to change them. Interesting.

Availability (and to some extent price) was the issue recently. I think people always liked the TO tyres if they could get them but those who have ended up buying non TO versions have been happy too.