Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Tyres on Model 3 - Tesla versus Tyre store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

In terms of grip, would you say they're the same/worse/better than the Pilot Sport 4 that came with the car?
With my driving style, I did not push the Pilot Sports to their limit and so far they seem close or similar grip, though I suspect the grip limits come out better if you have more aggressive driving style, so there could be a difference if you push it harder.

I'm looking at some new tyres for an SR+, any feedback on the ePrimacy tyres after a few months?

I think the ePrimacy are fine. Possibly a little quieter than the Pilot Sport but hard to tell. Certainly no noisier. Cannot tell any difference in grip.

Only done 3,200km with the ePrimacy. Cannot see any difference in efficiency when compared with 2,365 drives logged in Teslafi. You can dice and slice the drive database many ways. I think there are too many variables to definitively determine the efficiency this way, having only driven 3200km on them. You would really need two identical cars side by side driven the same, both fitted with new sets of tyres. As far as I can tell the Wh/km is the same for ePrimacy as for Pilot sport. For how and where I drive 170 Wh/km.

TYRE________________________Distance____consumption___Av Speed_____Av Temp
ePrimacy___________________3227km_____170 Wh/km_____66.5 km/h_____21.7 C_____<- Since fitting at start of Feb this year
Pilot Sport last 3180km____3180km_____170 Wh/km_____75. 5 km/h_____21.8 C_____<-- ie period just before changing to new tyres.
Pilot Sport temp ~ 21.7____5452km_____170 Wh/km_____67.7 km/h_____21.7 C_____<-- Filtered drive temp on old tyres to match new tyres drive temp
Pilot Sport 1 yr ago________3433km_____155 Wh/km_____73.1 km/h_____19.5 C_____<--Same time period last year with Pilot Sport tyres
Lifetime both tyres_________46,672km___173 Wh/km_____71.7 km/h_____17.38 C_____<- All 2365 drives logged in my car on Telsafi

Last edited:
No. As per my sig LR with acceleration boost. Mostly driving in the country hence my average speed and Wh/kmwill be higher than a car that never leaves town.
Ok, thats where the difference comes. I was looking at your numbers and thought you have a bit higher power consumption than mine. Must be the weight difference between SR+ and LR models. I do a good mix of 70% highway/motorway driving and 30% city driving here and my average overall consumption for 37k driving on Pilot Sport 4 was 142 Wh/km.
Now I have done 3k on the ePrimacy and my average consumption has been 140 Wh/km, however I suspect that hot summer days with more AC and slightly cooler winter days with some heating would bring the current average to pretty much same as before.

Here's a good summary of Michelin Primacy 4 vs e.Primacy, it appears that the trade off for better rolling resistance is grip and stopping distances in the wet.

This comparison is probably similar to the difference between the Pilot Sport my LR shipped with and the e.Primacy I had fitted back in February. A couple of weeks back I had the rear end let go twice on a piece of windy road I drive all the time. Never happened with the Pilot Sport fitted. IMO they are not as good.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend a wheel alignment expert for Tesla, wifey hit a pothole and car is pulling right!
Not convinced to go to Tesla as I believe that it wasn't aligned correctly in the first place.
Located in Hills district but will travel.