Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing uberturbine with 18" flow forged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I'm replacing my (unused) Uberturbine wheels on my TM3P with some 18" flow forged rims and tires
I've opted for 235/8.5+45 Michelin PS4 tires, but after reading a bunch of threads on this forum I'm still not sure if that's a good setup. The full name of the tire is listed as: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 T Acoustic 235/45R18 98Y
I'm not sure if it's my brain that's exhausted or something, but I can't really find any good information on the difference of PS4, PS4S and PS4T (is that even a thing?). Also, if the PS4T aren't great, is it better to go with Conti PremiumContact6 or SportContact5?

Also, if anyone thinks 235/8.5+45/18 is a bad setup on a TM3P please let me know, I'm buying them in a few hours but I can change it up until I actually mount them on the car. From what I can see on the forum there is both "no downside" as well as "better performance on 19" and "better performance on 18". So in summary, the recommendations vary from thread to thread.

Hi!
I'm replacing my (unused) Uberturbine wheels on my TM3P with some 18" flow forged rims and tires
I've opted for 235/8.5+45 Michelin PS4 tires, but after reading a bunch of threads on this forum I'm still not sure if that's a good setup. The full name of the tire is listed as: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 T Acoustic 235/45R18 98Y
I'm not sure if it's my brain that's exhausted or something, but I can't really find any good information on the difference of PS4, PS4S and PS4T (is that even a thing?). Also, if the PS4T aren't great, is it better to go with Conti PremiumContact6 or SportContact5?

Also, if anyone thinks 235/8.5+45/18 is a bad setup on a TM3P please let me know, I'm buying them in a few hours but I can change it up until I actually mount them on the car. From what I can see on the forum there is both "no downside" as well as "better performance on 19" and "better performance on 18". So in summary, the recommendations vary from thread to thread.
You want 4S.
And if you plan to go to any track I'd rather suggest 9.5 with 275 width, because this rubber is very soft and overheats fast (no problem in road use). 235 is not optimal for load as well, but it saves some energy. Not significant for real life.

Performance wise same 18 is faster than 19.

Hi!

Any plans for the Uberturbines?