Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing windshield requires camera calibration reset and a few other service issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 4 CT reservations and counting
Supporting Member
Dec 25, 2011
My mountain
PSA, the service center did NOT reset camera calibration and AP/FSD was working but drove way to the right side of the lane. I had to reset it manually. I suggested that the software team implement a Pri 0 bug fix to deterministically detect when the camera is unplugged from the canbus during the install and force a reset.

Anyway, here's the other things I went through...

I'm bullish on Tesla, but dealing with service this go around has been challenging...I'm doing my best through all of this below...I realize parts are back-ordered, I realize software is hard to understand for some folks, I realize that things get missed and I'm ok with all of that, but when it all happens at the same time...ugh...

Color me underwhelmed, I had my Model 3 in to get a new windshield due to a huge rock from highway gremlins, this happened in January and yes I've been waiting on Tesla to get the windshield since then...anyhow, went to pick up the car and not only was it left in service mode, camera calibration had NOT been reset (car drove way to the rightside of the lane; kinda hilarious but also safety issue I quickly rectified once I figured out what was going on), but a brand spanking new alert was present in the car (which persisted after a scroll wheel reset) so I opened another service appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: MontyFloyd
Here's what the person said to me and what I said...this felt to me like the "press any key" moment.

markup_866.png

Screenshot_20220622-114034.png

• Informative
Reactions: MontyFloyd