Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replay/back option still disabled on Slacker Premium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can replay songs on the Slacker interface (phone or computer) but it isn't supported via the Tesla one. The best workaround I know is to use your phone and play via Bluetooth and you can set a song on repeat via the phone interface. It isn't ideal.

For me, the main advantage is the ability to build much better playlists and stations (single artists with no other mix-ins, for instance).

I have Slacker Premium and the answer is "no". Another anomaly is that, being in Canada, they seem to have different licensing arrangements for music. I can access songs in the car that I can't access via my phone or computer and vice versa and assume it has something to do with my Tesla connecting via some proxy in the US while my phone and computer connect in Canada.

I have Slacker Premium and the answer is "no". Another anomaly is that, being in Canada, they seem to have different licensing arrangements for music. I can access songs in the car that I can't access via my phone or computer and vice versa and assume it has something to do with my Tesla connecting via some proxy in the US while my phone and computer connect in Canada.
Does this mean you can only play Celine Dion and the Guess Who? :)

Does this mean you can only play Celine Dion and the Guess Who? :)

I've been getting my '70s Canadian Rock music on, at least on my phone: Shooter, April Wine, BTO ... you name it.

- - - Updated - - -

...and in your car that the compulsory daily Nickelback and Anne Murray songs can be bypassed?

Yikes! My sister-in-law is a huge Anne Murray fan... and she lives in SoCal. Better not let her know or she'll never buy a Tesla :tongue:

EDIT: One thing I have noticed is that there may be a song that will not play in the car at all, but if I go to my PC and add it to a Playlist, then select the Playlist from the car's interface ... bingo! the song plays.

I also find that if a song doesn't seem to be licensed and doesn't come up right away when you search, many times it will be the second song. JXL's version of "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis is one of them. I have the 2-track album favorited; nearly every single time I want to play it, I select the favorite, then fast-forward one song and it'll play.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the slacker subscription that came with the MS was a premium subscription and prepaid by Tesla. No?

It's not a Premium. It's a variation of the Plus account.