Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replika R187 wheels causing issues..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that's the case all over and it doesn't jive with insurance winter tire discount dates or the possibility of snow so I'm just going to stick winters on the Aeros then use the Replikas come spring.

Does anyone know if the tires on the Aeros will fit the Replikas? I guess I could go figure it out but if someone already did.... :)

That's my plan too. I'm fairly certain they will work. The tire guy I spoke to at WheelsCo didn't seem to think it wouldn't.

Just got Replika 187's on Michelin Xi3 tires on my Model 3 DM LR. I have two questions that I'm hoping someone with a bit more experience can help with...

1) The originally OE lugs were not used to put on the Replika's black lugs where used - I don't think there is an issue there but wanted to make sure there was enough clearance to allow torquing of the lugnuts properly vs the OE.

2) I received a message that the TPMS was not functioning properly - as I was driving to drop off my summer wheels - I am guessing that because both sets of sensors were within range of the car it was causing confusion (as the programmed wheels were in the back seat).

I dropped off the summer tires, and while driving home got the popup asking if I had changed my wheels and what the new size was (I went from the 19" stiletto wheels to the 18" R187 as mentioned) so changed to the 18" size - BUT the TPMS error and request to contact Tesla Support didn't go away. Is that something normal and it will eventually reset or does it mean there is an actually issue with one of the TPMS sensors and I need to go back to the shop to get it corrected? They are the OEM TPMS sensors (as indicated on the bill) so I don't think they need to be "programmed".

Looking for someone who may have a little more experience to let me know what they think the best course of action is.

Appreciate it - it's my first season changing the tires - and I've read lots on the forums and manual but it's a bit unclear on what I should do and there is no longer the "reset the TPMS" function in the on-screen menu now that it's automagic.

Just got Replika 187's on Michelin Xi3 tires on my Model 3 DM LR. I have two questions that I'm hoping someone with a bit more experience can help with...

1) The originally OE lugs were not used to put on the Replika's black lugs where used - I don't think there is an issue there but wanted to make sure there was enough clearance to allow torquing of the lugnuts properly vs the OE.

2) I received a message that the TPMS was not functioning properly - as I was driving to drop off my summer wheels - I am guessing that because both sets of sensors were within range of the car it was causing confusion (as the programmed wheels were in the back seat).

I dropped off the summer tires, and while driving home got the popup asking if I had changed my wheels and what the new size was (I went from the 19" stiletto wheels to the 18" R187 as mentioned) so changed to the 18" size - BUT the TPMS error and request to contact Tesla Support didn't go away. Is that something normal and it will eventually reset or does it mean there is an actually issue with one of the TPMS sensors and I need to go back to the shop to get it corrected? They are the OEM TPMS sensors (as indicated on the bill) so I don't think they need to be "programmed".

Looking for someone who may have a little more experience to let me know what they think the best course of action is.

Appreciate it - it's my first season changing the tires - and I've read lots on the forums and manual but it's a bit unclear on what I should do and there is no longer the "reset the TPMS" function in the on-screen menu now that it's automagic.
I bought the same configuration from PMCtire.com and installed them myself using the original lug nuts. No problems as far as letting the pop-up know I had changed to 18" rims. You may wish to contact Tesla or the place you bought the wheels from. All the best.

I'm looking to purchase a set of R187 to put on for next spring. The site I'm looking at automatically adds an installation kit to their cart. Included in the kit are hub rings and lugs, etc. Are hub rings required to install these rims on a 2018 MS?

I'm looking to purchase a set of R187 to put on for next spring. The site I'm looking at automatically adds an installation kit to their cart. Included in the kit are hub rings and lugs, etc. Are hub rings required to install these rims on a 2018 MS?

No. Although the lug nut holes are pretty tight, so if you're putting them on yourself be careful not to scratch the paint. (I did with one hole =( )

Hey guys,

Forgive my ignorance, as this. will be my first winter tire swap:

1. If I get the R187s, how does it work with the TPMS? Do I have to buy new ones, or do the rims come with it? If I have to buy new ones, anything specific?
2. For the 18” R187s, I just order a tire the same size as my OEM 18” wheels, correct? 235/45/18?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Oh, hey. I didn't realize they made 18" Replikas for the 3.

Post pics please.

Hey guys,

Forgive my ignorance, as this. will be my first winter tire swap:

1. If I get the R187s, how does it work with the TPMS? Do I have to buy new ones, or do the rims come with it? If I have to buy new ones, anything specific?
2. For the 18” R187s, I just order a tire the same size as my OEM 18” wheels, correct? 235/45/18?

Thanks for the help!

Yes you have to buy a set of tpms. A bunch of us just got it on eBay. You just have to have the right frequency. (I think it’s 433). After you install them the car automatically knows and calibrates.

Yes order the same size. I got x-ice 3 in the same size.

687B737E-52EC-45F3-A5A8-01B68F6A4776.jpeg
9A445C97-7C3C-47AD-BBB2-86B34853ED19.jpeg
Oh, hey. I didn't realize they made 18" Replikas for the 3.

Post pics please.

Note that the centre cap is blank when you order them. The ones I got were for the aero wheel lug covers. Same colour as you can see.

So I got my rims this week and going to have them installed tomorrow. I’ve never bought rims with “fan” patterns before so perhaps this is common knowledge for those that have, but all 4 sweep the same way, which means the fan is “backwards” on one side of the car. I know it’s really just for looks rather than being functionally aerodynamic, but I can’t “unsee” it now having realized this and it bothers the hell out of me that the left and rights aren’t mirrored.

I just read above mention of Kal Tire still doing the free change over and note that in Alberta they are changing their story and saying that their contract was never meant to be free change overs. I have gone to great lengths to inform them of how they misrepresented me at the time I bought as I specifically confirmed this.

Just wonder if anyone else experienced this? Is this question worthy of a new thread?

So I got my rims this week and going to have them installed tomorrow. I’ve never bought rims with “fan” patterns before so perhaps this is common knowledge for those that have, but all 4 sweep the same way, which means the fan is “backwards” on one side of the car. I know it’s really just for looks rather than being functionally aerodynamic, but I can’t “unsee” it now having realized this and it bothers the hell out of me that the left and rights aren’t mirrored.
I always thought if somebody would make a symmetrical pair. I still have hope.

I just read above mention of Kal Tire still doing the free change over and note that in Alberta they are changing their story and saying that their contract was never meant to be free change overs. I have gone to great lengths to inform them of how they misrepresented me at the time I bought as I specifically confirmed this.

KalTire in Toronto Kingston Road location does my switchover for free based on my purchasing tires and wheels from them for my Model S almost 3 years ago.